What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Highland Cold Mountain, an Asheville seasonal favorite.

1609181530212.png

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
^^^
Looks nice! How was it, in terms of being "spiced?"

I've always enjoyed it, a very popular beer here in Asheville. The release in early November is typically a huge 4 day party at the brewery with party buses driving in from places like Knoxville and other folks coming in from the upstate area of SC. Obviously that was not the case this year. It then hits the grocery stores and usually sells out within a week or so. There's even a twitter feed called "Highland Cold Mountain Tracker" where people post pics of which grocery or beer store has stock and how much.

In terms of the spiced flavor - it's got notes of vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dark fruit. It's got a nice sweet smell like sugar cookies and some earthier tones. Taste is a rich, nutty flavor, moderately light and creamy mouthfeel with medium carbonation. A nice flavorful beer.

Last edited:
I live in Flavortown. Captain Danky came to visit and brewed a beer with Seventh Son Brewing. (Against the Grain and Seventh Son Colab: Captain Danky Goes to Flavortown.) It really is a a lot of IPA flavor types going in in great balance and delicious.
Yes it is a reference to Guy Fieri and the people of Columbus, Ohio wanting to rename the city to Flavortown. Birth Place of Guy Fieri.
IMG_20210101_004428_01.jpg

Sideswipe Brewing (local to me and my favorite brewery. Have a VIP membership there.) Sticky Wicket Barleywine. Barleywine are beers, right? 😁 Doesn't taste like a 12%... It was aged a year before trying but wow. I wish it wasn't limit one per person at their anniversary party last year. Wife and I each got one but it is not enough for the beer cellar.
PXL_20210102_014836778.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom