What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 Pounder from Other Half (Brooklyn)

66AA974B-CD74-4E1D-90A3-DF33937E309C.jpeg

Dark for a Kölsch?

Wikipedia says it is brewed in similar fashion to Altbiers, but I attribute that darker color to Altbiers. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dark for a Kölsch?
Wikipedia says it is brewed in similar fashion to Altbiers, but I attribute that darker color to Altbiers. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gotta agree with you there, Rick. I've seen rich, golden tones with kolsch's... this is about as dark as I've had in the style.

All the crowlers were a gift, almost 8 of 'em, in a lighter style. Really, it's almost too much beer to deal with!

^^^

Well, I suppose.... It's just that I feel under pressure to drink them without delay; that Mason jar style of bottling doesn't convey to me a long lasting freshness:a8:....

A lot of styles of beer over time, yes. A LOT of beer in a short period of time? Eeehhh.....

^^^

Well, I suppose.... It's just that I feel under pressure to drink them without delay; that Mason jar style of bottling doesn't convey to me a long lasting freshness:a8:....

A lot of styles of beer over time, yes. A LOT of beer in a short period of time? Eeehhh.....
The good thing with the growler glass bottles is that they're at least resealable. Breweries usually say they're good for another day after you open it (I could see some styles being ok for another day), whereas a crowler you pop the top and have to take it all down or you know its going bad...

Drinking a live oak Hefeweizen tonight. My sister in law was in waco last weekend and I asked if she could bring some beers back. I'm glad she did.

It's one of my favorite beers. And it's one of the absolute best Hefeweizens in the world.

She also got me that primus weizenbock by mistake. It's also a good beer.
20201214_205041.jpg

IMG_20201214_210958_079.jpg

^^^
Where have you been? Haven't seen you in this thread for a while!
I've been around. Just haven't posted much in the beer thread, since I don't really like to drink alone. Had to post this one though. I only drink it once a year.

They only sell it in the austin area, and waco is the furthest they distribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom