What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
0909225E-D48B-4A89-AF05-7BC3796DCFFC.jpeg

After 4 hours surfing the tail end of tropical storm Faye in Siesta Key.

Morton’s Siesta Market on Siesta Key has a wide selection of craft beers, but it has been a while since I had a Lagunitas, and it hit the spot!

DSCN1123.JPG

The Hatch. Spiral Brewery's Maibock. Hastings, Minnesota is a river town, and the mayfly hatch in early summer transforms this otherwise quaint Minnesota town into the setting for an American Horror Story episode for a couple of days. They had to order the lights turned off downtown this year, and it was still a creepy scene. This maibock was very good.

DSCN1124.JPG

Hard to define, and Lagunitas' website is really no help. Described as a hoppy wheat ale. Had a peppery note that reminded me of Tank 7. Definitely a food beer; I liked Tank 7 more, though.

Don

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
View attachment 1129902

Hard to define, and Lagunitas' website is really no help. Described as a hoppy wheat ale. Had a peppery note that reminded me of Tank 7. Definitely a food beer; I liked Tank 7 more, though.

Don

I tried their Hop Stoopid a while back. God I hated that beer so much. Hop Stupid is correct, freaking stupid. I’m not big on hops anyway so I knew I wouldn’t like it.

I don't often allow myself a burger so when we decided that burgers would be dinner tonight I like to get really good meat. I've tried using the regular Shoprite ground beef and then adding stuff to it like garlic or onions or both, worchestershire sauce, spices, etc. They come out better than just plain ground beef but I've never been fully satisfied. Then my neighbor who's a chef in NYC said he always buys their meat from Pat LaFrieda Meat Purveyors out of North Bergen, NJ, not too far from me. My local Shoprite supermarket sells their prepackaged burgers so I bought them a few times. They use a combination of Black Angus short rib, brisket and chuck. They were better than what we were making but I still wasn't fully satisfied. I was looking for a burger that would be dripping with juicy goodness in every bite. Like you might get in a pub that knows it's burgers. Not all do. Then one day i noticed another premium pre-packaged burger in Shoprite made by Steakhouse Elite out of the Bronx, NY, also not too far from me. Similar price as the Pat LaFrieda burgers. 4 for $16. Not cheap at all. But I figured worth a try. They are a mix of Wagyu beef and brisket. OMG. These things are what I've been looking for. They don't shrink all that much on the grill and they cook nice and evenly so I can get them to be nice and pink in the middle. And they just drip with juice. I realize that juice is fat. I can see it when I put them on the grill and every time I flip them the grill flames up. Anyway, so I bought some brioche buns to put them on, threw some cheese and then cut up some red leaf lettuce, red onion, fresh home grown tomato, fresh avocado and all the condements like ketchup, brown mustard and Sriracha sauce. To be honest, these burgers don't need any of that stuff. Anyway, I realize this is a beer thread.

I also don't drink as much beer as I used to. For this awesome burger it had to be good. I went with something not too exotic. Guinness. The cans with the cartridge inside. Poured it into a large Chimay glass and looked longingly at the milky goodness rise to the top and create the classic Guinness head. That burger and that beer was the absolute perfect match. And that was my last can of Guinness. I have to replenish that supply. Incredibly, I find lots of beers filling. But I don't find Guinness filling at all. But it satisfies as much as that burger satisfied me. Now I'm looking forward to the next time I treat myself to a burger and a beer. Yum!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom