What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southern Tier 2XMAS
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Some fruit from our 'Sconnie (Wisconsin) Run...
DSCN1033.JPG

From left to right:
3 Sheeps Bon Bon Chocolate Milk Stout
New Glarus' Snowshoe Ale (Irish Amber)
New Glarus' Laughing Fox (Crystal Wheat)
Point Brewing's Snow Pilot (Pistachio Nut Brown Ale)

When we returned to our park-and-ride spot, we looked like smugglers divvying up the spoils.

Also, saw Founder's CBS in a 4 pack; kinda expensive, though:sad:.

Don

Irish Amber from New Glarus...
DSCN1034.JPG

The malt and the hops meet right in the middle of the palate, giving you the freedom to choose which way you want the beer to go. Smooth. Very nice.

Don

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Tried Samuel Adams Kosmic Sour tonight. Not sour at all IMO. But then again I’ve had exactly 1 sour beer in my life. But it was SOUR! This one tasted like a regular ole beer to me.

D04D08F0-C618-4CA6-8D83-3C60F726A2C8.png

Here’s a video I did too.

Laughing Fox is a kristal hefeweizen from New Glarus...
DSCN1035.JPG

Very effervescent. That head happened even though I was pouring slow and against the side of the glass. Darker than I thought it would be, too.

I LIKE New Glarus. Their beers, their business model, and I think Dan Carey is a genius when it comes to brewing. I'm struggling to find something I liked about Laughing Fox. It had an ester-y bitterness on the initial taste, and it lingered. Maybe I'll come around when I finish the other five bottles.

Don

I wonder if a spider can count for this thread. I'm currently savoring a Blueberry Spaceship Box cider. Delicious to the max. Sour apples and sweet blueberries.

Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. VERY limited distribution....
DSCN1038.JPG

Not overly sweet; GREAT vanilla flavor. The can says it's a pint, but I think it was actually a 20 ouncer.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom