What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
E6A1FC3C-76F8-4274-A5FC-F9B782756A4F.jpeg
Nice change to something lighter. An ale with coconut flavor. Exactly what you’d expect.

B97C028A-F701-4EEF-B143-C86BC0299652.jpeg
First beer in Düsseldorf, purchased to wash down some curryworst, was poor! Purchased more for the label and expediency than anything else!

039579D3-30DE-4EB8-9391-24F96547D3C6.jpeg 28EE90DF-8F13-4435-AF0E-750561F70FA5.jpeg
Now we’re talking. These are good beers. Well balanced malt and hops in the Altbier, and a nice Weissbier in a warm spot on a cold night. Enjoyed at Im Goldenen Ring.

Last edited:
The local TV morning show showcased a pint glass with ice cream, some Guinness Draught poured over it, with a shot of Irish Cream Liqueur and some chocolate syrup. They dubbed it "a milkshake for grownups!" Darned tempting to try....

I'm not Irish by lineage, but I'll drink a good beer for them anytime. This was my nod to the Emerald Isle:

Tin Whiskers Irish Cream Stout. Gets better every time I have one, with new flavors being discovered on the palate. I may have to get down to the taproom where they have it on nitro. Has to be fantastic.

Don

P.S. - LOVE the head on your posting, TexLaw! Looks like a thin layer of whipped cream.

Thrilled that Founders has upped their production on KBS enough that it is easy for me to find in Cincinnati (where I live). I used to have to stock up on it when I went back home to Grand Rapids where they are based!
kbs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom