What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
8943FBC0-A94F-43C3-800C-217E76C7A65A.jpeg 2F1B553D-5CB3-4405-AE1E-2BD1AE85E6BE.jpeg
Having the Dark Truth with a low country boil, but had a Narragansett at Fenway South after my morning bike ride! Dark Truth has a little tang to it. Nothing to write home about.

Finished my day a few blocks from Big Storm Brewing’s Cape Coral tasting room. My wife and I hadn’t been in the building since Cape Coral Brewing had a meat raffle. Decided to stop in and found the beer offerings to be much improved. Had a Heavy Surf DIPA and a sample of their Tripel. The DIPA issn’t a standout, but it is well balanced and hides its 10% ABV. The Tripel is very nice. Looking forward to going back.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Up in Anchorage, this Cherry Grand Cru is obscenely good.

View attachment 944956

That just LOOKS obscenely good. Wish I could try it.

I don't usually drink weissbier in winter. But my local wine/beer store was going out of business.

Bready yeasty nose. Sweet malty taste. Rather low carbonation. One of my favorites when I don't want hops.
proxy.php

I’ve had a Weihenstephaner Weiss in the past and it’s pretty good. Not the best Weiss I’ve had, but OK.

Last evening: Founder's Porter

From the reviews I’ve read Founder’s makes amazing beers.

This winter is beginning to make me a little crazy; I can't be alone in this.... it seems that winter storms and blizzards have been roaring up from the western plains, through the mid west and over the east coast quite frequently. At present, I think my most meaningful personal relationship involves me and my snow blower.

Here was my post snow blower pint after today's dumping, courtesy of Germany:

Good doppel bocks have become my official Post-Snow Blower Episode Beer.

Don

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nothing but rain here for the past 2 days. More to come. Which is fitting because I’m going through the Miller Lite like water.

Two small pours tonight.
78DB3C87-411C-4138-AD86-25166CD27D44.jpeg

First, Bruery Terreux Ardennes Saison. They do sour stuff. It’s sour. I’d prefer an unsour Saison. Different. Drinkable. And sour.
C54706FA-C750-44A8-97A1-13E09D841AB7.jpeg

Second, Funky Buddah Morning Wood Maple Bacon Double Imperial Porter. Very good!

No photos, but a couple of freebies from some of my coworkers in our ongoing beer exchange. First, Insight Brewing's Banshee Cutter, a golden ale with coffee added. It went down easy, and was pretty nice. Second, Belching Beaver's Peanut Butter Milk Stout. I usually avoid beers with peanut butter in their name... cant help but think of peanut butter and jelly, but it actually came across with a roasted peanut kind of flavor that was, well, pretty pleasant. You've gotta like freebies from your good coworkers, don't you?:thumbup1:

Don

689B1542-7BA2-4B2F-9B6D-6EBB1AD9DD24.jpeg

Picked up 4 packs of this and Old Curmudgeon’s Better Half last week. Figured I’d get them while available and, though still pricey, enjoy them at a bit lower cost at home rather than out.

4C64BCEE-7441-45D4-82FC-A846BBF3965D.jpeg 07B2ED5F-8AE4-4F9C-8A5C-94368EE1EDE2.jpegA4A462E5-6C9E-468B-BBB9-01127EC021BF.jpeg
Finished my work day near Big Storm brewing in Cape Coral again. Tried three pours: Lie to Me Chocolate Cherry Stout, Cape Coral IPA, and a sample of the Merchant Nitro Porter. The beers offered here now are far superior to those brewed by Cape Coral Brewing. Looking forward to trying more of their brews as none have disappointed so far.

Last of the German Doppel Bocks:

DSCN0904.JPG

Sadly, there's kind of a "sameness" to all these bocks from Germany, and I can get the same thing domestically and locally. Nice style, though.

Don

AD3CC897-2CDE-4FCC-B31A-0F9EA0ED9F88.jpeg

So my wife and I were out Saturday night and wound up at the pizza/beer/cocktail place for some late night food. I had water. But the owner, when I told him we were heading to Dusseldorf to sample Altbier, ran off to the cooler and came back with a can of Rogue Ales Dead Guy Ale, saying it was the closest he had to an Altbier. Rogue calls it a Maibock. As I bring the glass up, I get a sweetness on the nose, and I brace myself for overwhelming malt, but I don’t get it. There is a heavy honey taste with a light hop bite on the finish, but the bite disappears after a couple swigs. Really nice. Nicely balanced. I hope we experience something similar in Düsseldorf!

F06264C1-392E-4C87-B762-8FA9C52DEB4D.jpeg
Coppertail (Tampa) Night Swim Porter. Wanted something darker than a lager but not so heavy as a stout after the bike today. This porter hit the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom