What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Weight Cream Ale from Lakes and Legends....

DSCN1046.JPG

Mild and delicious. Maybe I can use this one as a tool to get my brother-in-laws away from that Heineken/Corona nonsense they keep lampreying onto. :idea:

Don

Review to follow:
DSCN1047.JPG

I hope I'm not being bamboozled here; hate to think I'm just getting a slight variation of Sumatra Mountain. I also saw KBS Espresso from Founders. 12% ABV. I didn't pick any up.

Don

Lol!

9D34A521-733D-40AA-8BA3-F36ACF8ADD07.jpeg

So I “cellared” this one for over a year. Almost overwhelmingly boozey at 15.2%. Very good, but, wow. I have another bottle which will Florida cellar for another year.

Oh...the deviled eggs. Made by my daughter and topped with her homemade maple bourbon candied bacon.

A8FA0DF3-8B9E-48A0-97C8-86FCA3E7F6DF.jpeg

Fort Myers brewing Winterfest Vienna Lager. I’ve been meaning to hit this place on an airport run since it opened, but I always forget. It took a canceled flight and a second run to the airport to get it done this evening!

I'd like to introduce you to Flex Morehard, a bock from Oliphant Brewing in Somerset, WI....
DSCN1049.JPG

Whether you like it or not, the brewers at Oliphant draw you into their weird fantasy world through their artwork and marketing. Flex Morehard is an invented comic book character. My verdict is that they're both harmlessly eccentric, and they produce some killer beers.

Don

Another one from New Belgium:
DSCN1051.JPG

Had high hopes, but it was dead and flat. Sometimes happens with nitros. Your tripel looks better, Greg.

Don

I was watching this:

And was commanded to open a beer if it was 9 AM and it was.

So I opened an Elysian Brewing BiFrost winter ale. Superb weight, good bitterness, good color. A very drinkable winter beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom