What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Founder's is at it again.....
DSCN1039.JPG

Don

Black Sheep Ale from Masham in Yorkshire. An easy drinking beer perfect with a poughmans lunch

Attachments

• black sheep.jpg
    black sheep.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 6
  • Irish-ploughmans-lunch-2.2.jpg
    Irish-ploughmans-lunch-2.2.jpg
    753.9 KB · Views: 5
^^^
Ooohh, yum. Looks nice. I looked for it today... nothing.

Nice stout, in the Irish style, with oatmeal as an ingredient...

DSCN1037.JPG

From Gray's Brewing, Janesville, Wi.

Tried the Founder's Imperial. One of the darkest beers I've ever had in my brief, but intense exploration of craft beers. Even the foam was dark! Unfortunately, a little over the top for me. Quite bitter and boozy.

For those of you that are interested... Goose Island has released their Bourbon County Stouts, I think to coincide with Black Friday. Thee are eight, not including the Vertical Gift Box. I saw this gift box, plus three others; Bourbon County Stout, Cafe' de Olla Stout, and Mon Cheri Stout. I shied away, but may come back to them eventually.

Don

I really like some of the Boulevard offerings. I’ll pass on that one, despite the name, given your review!

Anybody see Xocoveza yet?

DSCN1041.JPG

I've had good luck with white and blonde stouts, but I thought I'd made a mistake with this one when the "too sweet" bells went off. It changed quickly as a genuine, delicious coffee note came out blended with a rich vanilla. A very nice seasonal from Bad Weather Brewing.

Don

Here's one from Boulevard you might like, Rick....

DSCN1043.JPG

Pretty solid coffee porter. Available in pint can 4 packs.

Don

Now, direct from the "When Monkeys Fly Out Of My Butt" Category... Black Adder tried a quad!

DSCN1044.JPG

I was forced to try it, since my buddy's wife was fabulous enough to indulge use both by picking up some beer on a recent trip to Wisconsin, and this was one six she bought.

VERY different. Definitely a dinner beer. Really reminded me of a port. 13.2% ABV. Liked it better than I thought I would.

Don

Untitled Art Hazelnut Stout. Had a snapshot, but the photo was terrible. Untitled Art seems to be just right or way over the top; there's no middle ground. I could pick up the hazelnut, but it had too much of a boozy burn.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom