What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2018

One of the two iterations of Wasatch Brewing's Polygamy Porter. This is their Nitro; a little lighter on the ABV, and I had to do a "Banzai" pour to even get the modest head you see here. Like all nitros, very creamy, almost like drinking milk. Not too notable in the flavor profile, but easy drinking. Their Bourbon Barrel Porter has more going for it.

Don

5984FACE-A958-4BB3-A6B1-98E5D1EC7A53.jpeg

Cycle Brewing Cream and Sugar, Please coffee porter. Fair. It’s in the glass on the left. :p

Wild Leap American Cheery.

Nice cherry pie notes. Just a hint of sweetness. Long finish. Very satisfying on a cold rainy day.
proxy.php

Ummm..... this shouldn't be happening, Rick. Is an intervention necessary? Let us know. Never let the beer fridge run empty.Lake Superior Kayak Kolsch with a meat lover's gyro and seasoned fries. Lunch was good; life is good.

Don

Could have been devastating during hurricane season. Lesson learned. Nice spread!

Third flight of Marshal Zhukov's RIP (Cigar City - Tampa) last evening. Still my favorite offering from this brewery.

Another one from my favorite "upstart" brewer in Utah.....

This is Devastator, a double (doppel) bock from Wasatch Brewing. Beautiful color, excellent on the nose, and just a rich flavorful mouthful on each swallow. One of the best beers I've had this year. Perfect for winter.

Don

Went out to Fort Myers Brewing Company tonight. I was happy to see Bourbon Barrel Aged Bubblin’ Crude, but there was a tang to the finish that threw me. 10.2%. Also had their Saison, which is a decent rendition.

Last edited:
Left Hand Wake up Dead Nitro. As always, served too cold. Had to wait a bit to warm up. Dark almost black color. Thin (1/2 inch) but stable head. Subtle nose. Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk. Very bitter taste. Thin mouth feel. Burned coffee aftertaste.

Will not be drinking this again.
proxy.php

Any good? What was the ABV? Man, sometimes with those imperials......

Don
I was intrigued to try this [emoji481] becuse of so many glowing reviews. ABV is over 11%. IMHO, drinking this beer is like eating hot peppers. Not much taste, but rather an assault on your scenes. Good English-type milk stouts are much more palatable.

You would probably not enjoy the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, then, either. Higher ABV, higher price, and thicker mouthfeel. I wonder how the bottled version of Zhukov compares to the draft version, though I don't know if I'd spend the coin to find out.

Southern Tier Creme Brulee.
Dark brown to black. Thick head gone in about 3 minutes. Wonderful nose. Dulce de leche. Very sweet. Low carbonation. No taste of alcohol. Very little hops in after taste. Urge to have a second [emoji6]
proxy.php

Top Bottom