What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2018

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
20180920_180929.jpg

A little Hofbrau Original while I wait for the traffic to die down a bit

Found a new craft brew spot last night. Had a Founder’s Breakfast Stout. Delicious as always. Not as enticing to me was Lagunitas’ Passion Grass. I haven’t been able to find out which hops are in it, but I would guess Sorachi Ace. Tastes like Prairie Ace.

IMG_2887.jpg
Anybody ever do one of these in? Super intense! Took me a couple pints to decide I could even finish one in a sitting, and a six pack to be able to drink one warm. Now they're a favorite because they're a good deal and I rarely want more than one!

View attachment 909184 View attachment 909185 View attachment 909186 They also had something called Solera with mango that started with super funk and finished with a lactate punch. Kinda liked it!
Hey, I see you all over the imbibements threads and thought you might be interested, if you didn't know this already... Maybe they're making that funky beer using the Solera method, something invented by the Portuguese to create the finest sherries, where you use a series of barrels to age, blending newer and older product in every barrel down the line.
If it's a new brewery, expect this particular beer to only get better! We had a place nearby that used this method to serve like 7 sour beers at any time (which were always rock-solid) until the head brewer split for a larger distribution-based outfit.
Cheers!
TNS

Yeah, that is interesting! Thanks! I haven’t been back to that brewery, but maybe I’ll check in this weekend. It has been open less than a year, so I hope it survives and improves!

A Neapolitan Stout last night. I've had it before, but didn't detect much strawberry. The strawberry was there on the node and initial taste, but a nice chocolate stout finish.

mixing beer vermouth and scotch tonite. in my belly not the glass. My best buddy is in town and we shared some good stuff at my house. the aforementioned arrogant bastard ale, old pulteney 12, and dolin blanc on ice. He uses a merkur 34c for the record.

EF3F516E-B7D0-447A-925A-901D9D8ED8C7.jpeg

Settling in for Sox-Yankees with a growler of Lagunitas Super Cluster. It’s a fine IPA. 8% ABV. The marketing is along the lines of Elysian Space Dust and Clown Shoes Galactica, two nice IPAs. Just a solid IPA. I don’t get to fill the growler often, but have a good time sharing the contents when I do!

Last edited:
847C96B0-123E-47DD-8787-945C6720B9EB.jpeg

Maybe a little less carbonation coming out of the growler three days later, but the brew retains its IPA goodness!

On tap last night:
- Claremont Craft Ales 'Peppers & Peaches' IPA
- Old Speckled Hen
- Beachwood 'Udder Love' milk stout

Top Bottom