What's new

Been using.

Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel as an aftershave for a few days instead of my regular aftershaves. Gotta say the irritation and redness are, for the most part, nonexistent. Whereas with my reg aftershaves my skin would sting like hell almost every time and get red with irritation. This might just be my new AS...anyone else swap their reg *** out for some WH with similar results? Tell me which brand/scent of WH you guys are using.

I bought this bottle of Thayer's last summer and I barely made a dent in the bottle...it's gonna last a long long time. :001_smile Lovely scent too.

I use Proraso Green AS. I have the old formula AS and a new formula. The difference is that they added Witch Hazel oil into the new formula and I do notice that it does keep my face very moisty after being applied. The old version had it too but not as an oil. I do notice a difference between this aftershave and other aftershaves. Some do dry out your skin the next day while Proraso doesn't.

I use WH most everyday prior to my aftershave. I have only tried about three brands of WH but, Humphreys is by far my favorite.

You might want to explore using Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic. I do not apply WH prior to using Lucky Tiger as it has WH as a major ingredient. Lucky Tuger has some excellent soothing qualities. I use it when I suspect some razor burn. It never stings at all and it tames the razor burn very quickly. It has a citrusy, almost lemon scent but it totally fades within a few minutes.

Lucky tiger here too. Wh is the third ingredient. I haven't really tried anything else as far as splashes because it works perfectly for me.

I use WH before my aftershave. I use whatever is available at the drugstore. I don't buy scented WH because the aftershave is scented.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I also use WH prior to whatever other AS I might use. I did try a week or so with only WH, and that was fine.

I use Dickinson's WH.

I use Thayer's after every shave before AS. Either Lemon or Peach. The scent is gone in seconds. I used to use alum instead of WH but it irritated my neck.

Last edited:
Thayers superhazel here. All summer I use Osage Rub. Fall I have started the superhazel. I like it.

Noticed that Maggard's has a line of aftershave splashes that uses WH as its base. I've ordered the London Barbershop, but haven't used it yet. May be worth checking out...

I have the Maggard Lime and Bergamot and really like it. Leaves my face very moisturized. I do use witch hazel, I let it soak in before I apply my AS. Currently I use Thayer's Cucumber, Peach, and Medicated and really love them.

If whatever aftershave I'm using doesn't contain witch hazel I splash it into a palm of Thayer's unscented alcohol free and rub it all together. Often I add 444 and some unrefined shea butter to the mix especially in winter.

Started using Thayer's about a month ago. I love it. I have the cucumber and the lavender; both are exceptional for soothing and toning down redness (my skin gets red if you look at it wrong, so even with a great shave this is useful).

I still love AV Ice Blue, Proraso, and Speick, but alum (rinsed off) followed by Thayer's is almost unbeatably great if I need to calm redness or irritation.

+3 for Lucky Tiger. Great stuff, especially after a difficult shave. For me, this is better than products that only contain WH. Obviously, YMMV.

Top Bottom