What's new

Been out of the game but the Lupo .72 is calling me back.

Been on here for years now. Tried nearly every vintage Gillette and modern razor under the sun and eventually settled on the .84 Gamechanger (sorry RFB NEW and Charcoal Goods level 2!). Haven’t bought any new hardware in almost 2 years or so.

Finally ran out of soap and decided to hop on here real quick to see what was new in the soap world, when I saw the SS .72 lupo. Any .84 OC game changer fans care to talk me into it?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Have a number of excellent double edge razors which include:

Timeless SS SB .68 w/scalloped head and base
Charcoal Goods LvL2 SS SB
Karve Brass OC Plate B
Karve Brass SB Plates B and C

So...I have some nice double edge safety razors. Bought the new Lupo SS SB .72 and, at the same time, also the Lupo SS Dual Comb. For me, these razors are RAD killer good. I don't even want to shave with my other razors now. Ironically, one of the good things about them is their price tag.

In the process now of trying the different blades that I have in my den in the Lupo razors to see which pair with them best. So far, Gillette Silver Blue and Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum are good matches.

I am thoroughly impressed with the new Stainless steel RazoRock Lupo razors. Check the forums...quite a number of threads about them.

I also use 84sb all the time. I don't think lupo72 will improve much compared to 84sb. I am in Asia, the transportation time is relatively long, in order to ensure that there are no mistakes, so I bought 84oc and lupo95 a week ago.

If you like the GC oc version, then you should try the Lupo dual-comb (DC). One side is oc .72 and the other is sb .95. I've got the sb .84 GC a few weeks ago and the Lupo DC a few days ago and I also think i'm done with buying new razors. With my small collection of vintage DE, GEM and Schick razors, a few modern like the Pearl Flexi, Merkur Progress and a few Fatip models, I think i'm done with buying new razors and at some point might sell most of my collection.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I would suggest the Lupo .95 to consider as well. To me, it's just a tad more efficient than the GC .84 without sacrificing any comfort or smoothness.

This is exactly why I bought the .72 and the dual comb together...at least one side of the dual comb has the .95 SB...while the other has a .72 OC. And by the way...on paper...the .95 looks too aggressive for me...but when I used it...lo and behold, it wasn't too aggressive...nice and smooth with good results. For me the .72 SS SB version would be my daily driver, but the dual comb I would grab on occassion for a closer experience. For what it's worth, food for thought.

Been on here for years now. Tried nearly every vintage Gillette and modern razor under the sun and eventually settled on the .84 Gamechanger (sorry RFB NEW and Charcoal Goods level 2!). Haven’t bought any new hardware in almost 2 years or so.

Finally ran out of soap and decided to hop on here real quick to see what was new in the soap world, when I saw the SS .72 lupo. Any .84 OC game changer fans care to talk me into it?

My 84OC was my favorite razor. It's not anymore. It's the Lupo 95, the 95 is perfect, for me anyway. The GC 68s SB and OC were much too mild for me, so I Haven't tried the Lupo 72 and can't comment on it. But based on your affinity for the GC 84, I highly recommend the Lupo 95.

If you like the GC oc version, then you should try the Lupo dual-comb (DC). One side is oc .72 and the other is sb .95. I've got the sb .84 GC a few weeks ago and the Lupo DC a few days ago and I also think i'm done with buying new razors. With my small collection of vintage DE, GEM and Schick razors, a few modern like the Pearl Flexi, Merkur Progress and a few Fatip models, I think i'm done with buying new razors and at some point might sell most of my collection.
No AC format razors ? The RR hawk V3 ?

No slants? RR wunderbar ?

Of course you want at least the RR BBS and that Hawk OC V3 - shave nirvana you're missing out my friend !!:devil:

I'm waiting for the Yaqi AC razor to arrive these days to try it out with the free blade that comes with. If I like it, I will buy 300 Schick Proline P-30 blades, which I can use with my vintage Schick razors after some slight modification, but I really don't need anything else.

Top Bottom