What's new

Beef Ribs

Ok so I was at the grocery store the other day and spied some Beef Ribs......(Almost never see these)

Well I love Texas BBQ and always preferred Beef Ribs over Pork (I know, shoot this Yankee). Anyways looked online to try to find a decent recipe and decided to wing it....WOW they came out AWESOME! (Even though I made them the easy way)

EASY BBQ Beef Ribs:

1) Apply Dry Rub of your choosing on ribs (Both Sides)
2) Pre Heat oven to 300
3) Wrap up ribs in foil and line a baking sheet with foil (Easier to clean that way)
4) Bake at 300 for 2.5 hrs
5) Take out ribs and Pour over BBQ Sauce (Again your choice) and don't be stingy with it.
6) Crank Oven to 420 (or so) and cook uncovered for another 10-15 mins

OMG they were good! :w00t:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Ok so I was at the grocery store the other day and spied some Beef Ribs......(Almost never see these)

Well I love Texas BBQ and always preferred Beef Ribs over Pork (I know, shoot this Yankee). Anyways looked online to try to find a decent recipe and decided to wing it....WOW they came out AWESOME! (Even though I made them the easy way)

EASY BBQ Beef Ribs:

2) Pre Heat oven to 300
3) Wrap up ribs in foil and line a baking sheet with foil (Easier to clean that way)
5) Take out ribs and Pour over BBQ Sauce (Again your choice) and don't be stingy with it.

proxy.php
OMG ...Samurai-5...that's exactly my oven method too. So simple, so easy, so tender...'Yeah Baby'! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Barbecue isn't about finding yourself. Barbecue is about creating yourself”. George Bernard Shaw

I boil mine 30 minutes ,drain and use basically the same technique.The boiling gets rid of a lot of fat,and makes the end result even more tender.

Have only had beef ribs once and they were terrible. Tough and rubbery with no flavor. Not sure I want to try them again, but those above do look wonderful, dsmdylan.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Anybody can cook pork ribs to an acceptable level of edibility. Beef ribs are either done perfectly, and make pork look like "the other meat", or they are turned into rawhide treats for the dogs.

So true.

Have only had beef ribs once and they were terrible. Tough and rubbery with no flavor. Not sure I want to try them again, but those above do look wonderful, dsmdylan.

You haven't had Texas low and slow smoked beef ribs that look like a tomahawk chop.

EASY BBQ Beef Ribs:

2) Pre Heat oven to 300

Sound terrible, meat is not to be cooked in an oven...in a smoker low and slow! :drool:

EASY BBQ Beef Ribs:

2) Pre Heat oven to 300

Sounds terrible, meat is not to be cooked in an oven...in a smoker low and slow! :drool:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I boil mine 30 minutes ,drain and use basically the same technique.The boiling gets rid of a lot of fat,and makes the end result even more tender.

I cook mine with just a little water, in my pressure cooker for 20-30 minutes at 15lbs. The water gets cooked down and added to the basting sauce, no matter whether I bake, grill, or barbecue them. Skim the fat off the water if you like. I do. If nothing else, use it as soup stock. No sense pouring flavor down the drain, I say. But when you use it for sauce, you are putting that flavor back to the meat it came out of. Sort of karmic. Sort of delicious.

Top Bottom