Beautiful cars, really beautiful cars

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
For my taste, Talbot Lago.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Even lovelier than the Bugatti Atlantique.

XKE certainly is up there..... but

$New Tiger Pics 001.jpg

had to post a internet pic as who knows where mine are... wish I still had this beaut

Super 7 has been on my short list of "I will have one before I die" right along with a NEW Morgan +4 :yesnod:

We had an opportunity to buy a Johny Player Special Esprit when we were in London ages ago. It was WRONG HAND DRIVE (had the wheel on OUR side) and was DIRT cheep..... this is THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY... It was like $2500 US.. YEA.. dumb move NOT to get it and container it home :sad:

proxy.php

Here is my vote for the most beautiful car of all time. Don't argue with me on this, you'll be wrong:001_rolle.
Jaguar e-type (XKE to all the world but Britain, but they can't pronounce it)
proxy.php

When a Ferrari says it's the most beautiful car he has ever seen, the discussion is OVER.

So many pretty cars.
I'm a big fan of the red headed Italians, this one being my favorite at the moment, though the older GTO is a classic beauty
proxy.php

If there was an award for exhaust note though the current Jaguar F type in v8 form is orgasmic....

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... Personally, I think there are so many beautiful ferrari's in existence that it would be difficult to single out just one. Sure, they miss the mark occaisonally (again, my opinion) but I dont think there is another car company that has gotten it right, so many times.

If I ever win the lottery, these two are first on my list:

1969 Mustang Boss 302 (not too unattainable)
proxy.php

And 1986 288 GTO (Pretty much the equivalent of catching a unicorn -- only 272 ever made, the rare times they come up for sale they're often in excess of $2 million)
proxy.php

On a semi related note, I saw a nice little collection at a local car show last weekend. These beauties were dropped off the day before the show. My guess is that these 3 cars alone represent at least 5 million dollars. On the day of the show they were joined by more mundane vehicles like a few of their later-model relatives, as well as some Shelby Cobras, Porsches, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc.

Lamborghini Muira (brown)
Ferrari GTB/4 (blue)
Ferrari Daytona (yellow)

proxy.php

proxy.php

Even though it's probably worth the least -- the Lamborghini Muira was my favorite. Absolutely gorgeous shade of brown metallic. The photos don't do it justice, it was a deep, rich coppery brown metallic. And so low slung too -- my wife is only 5'4" and the roofline barely came up to her elbow.

I had my hands on the door handle of one of these but SWMBO would not let me buy it :sad:

62 Continental (no... it's not a Ford/Lincoln)

proxy.php

Top Bottom