What's new

Beating the "Cool Water vs Green Irish Tweed" dead horse

To my un-sophisticated nose, GIT and CW are quite different. GIT is well rounded, smooth, well balanced, with gentle progression from top to mid notes. CW is loud with an opening dominated by synthetic lavender. I find CW closer to Bond #9 than to GIT.
YMMV

I tried Tres Nuit by Armaf (the clone of GIT). I wasn't that impressed.

If this irony makes any sense, I'll say that Armaf both smells closer to GIT than Cool Water, but I love Cool Water far more than Tres Nuit.

Cool Water basically realizes it'll never be 100% clone so it goes in a unique aquatic direction. But Tres Nuit is trying to be a ripoff of GIT and that only reminds me how much more I want GIT.

I get what you are saying. I totally agree that Tres Nuit is much closer to a clone of GIT than it is to CW. But to me I enjoy GIT much more than CW so I appreciate Tres Nuit as being a more budget friendly substitute. I think a lot of it has to do with how I wear GIT. Even though GIT can pretty much be worn for any occasion, I associate it as being a regular daily casual workhorse scent for the spring, summer, and early fall. I find that I am willing to spend more on a fragrance used for special occasions and nights out because I know I won't blow through it so fast. I try to be more budget conscious with my daily casual and office friendly scents.

Top Bottom