What's new

"Beards are as dirty as toilets"

OK if beard hair is loaded with bacteria what do people think people's long head hair is sporting for small creatures

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I've had a beard for the great majority of my life and haven't died from any infections yet..at least I don't think I'm dead yet.

Last edited:
If beards contain that much bacteria, it is only because they filter that bacteria fron the air, preventing said bacteria from reaching the surface of the skin, the mucous membranes of the nose and eyes, and the moist surface of the mouth.

So IF the article is true, I would rather have that bacteria trapped in my beard than my nose and mouth.

With that said, the "science" behind those articles is pure bunk.

I wash my beard with organic soap 2-3 times a week, and rinse with hot water every morning and night, plus use all natural oils and balms to keep it tamed.

My beard is probably cleaner and healthier than the average cranium full of hair...

I think beards are like all hair, it's going to get nasty if not kept clean. Same with toilets in fact. I remember reading a while back that, due to the heavy cleaners than many of us use religiously, that toilets are generally cleaner than kitchen sinks and other areas of the kitchen that typically aren't cleaned in the same way. So might be a greater slur to say your beard is as dirty as your kitchen sink...

Rsearch has actually shown that the place in the average home with the least amount of bacteria is actually the toilet seat. The reason is exactly as TexFlood says: they get cleaned a lot with disinfectant an other stuff. So anything that has as much or less bacteria as a toiletseat can be considered very clean.

Apparently, your bar days grill is also similarly as disgusting as a toilet seat in regards to bacterium, etc (just google it). So what? Give up burgers? Keep grillin'Keep growin'

Top Bottom