What's new

Beards and Moustaches Acquisitions Thread

View attachment 857016
BABC Viking balm and oil, Secret Agent Chuck's Hog Wash, Pirate and Holiday balm and oil samples and, of course, a complimentary guitar pick.[/QUOTE]

How’s Holiday? I was very tempted to pick some up.

View attachment 857016
BABC Viking balm and oil, Secret Agent Chuck's Hog Wash, Pirate and Holiday balm and oil samples and, of course, a complimentary guitar pick.

How’s Holiday? I was very tempted to pick some up.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, somehow I missed this.
It's pretty interesting, the chocolate hit me first but the orange brightens it up nicely. The peppermint is faint, at least it seems to me, odd since I was expecting candy canes and Christmas trees. It's a bit similar to the orange in The Viking if you've tried that. It's alright but I wouldn't order the full size, I prefer Viking much more.
Jack

Last edited:
How’s Holiday? I was very tempted to pick some up.

Sorry, somehow I missed this.
It's pretty interesting, the chocolate hit me first but the orange brightens it up nicely. The permit is faint, at least it seems to me, odd since I was expecting candy canes and Christmas trees. It's a bit similar to the orange in The Viking if you've tried that. It's alright but I wouldn't order the full size, I prefer Viking much more.
Jack[/QUOTE]

No worries. Sounds like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange in a Beard Oil. Very interesting. Thanks.

IMG_0058.JPG

One of the local (3 hrs away) brick and mortar stores recently announced a store closing sale of 40% off and I couldn't resist. I decided to pick up some things that I normally wouldn't at MSRP. I was able to snag this bottle of Penhaligon's Beard Oil for $60 CAD which, for 100ml, puts it in the price range of many other beard products out there, and I have the EdT so I thought this would be a nice augmentation on special occasions. Cheers.

Penhaligon's makes some very nice scents. I've got a bottle of Opus 1870 EdT that I reserve for special occasions. I didn't know they made beard oil though, I'll keep that in mind.

Penhaligon's makes some very nice scents. I've got a bottle of Opus 1870 EdT that I reserve for special occasions. I didn't know they made beard oil though, I'll keep that in mind.

Just used it today and the performance was awesome. Softened and hydrated the beard very well and smelled great doing it. Cheers.

IMG_0101.JPG

Universal Beard from Victoria, BC. Very cool artwork and the scents are unbelievable, very excited to try this out.

Beard Oil Cedar Cinnamon Roll
Beard Balm Cedar Cinnamon Roll
Beard Wash Timbermint

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My first ever beard oil or balm. I went with a local maker to start out.

Urbane - 30ml bottle and a tin of balm. Scent is listed as Patchouli, rose geranium and musk essential oils.

I also got a sample of their Rugged & Natural oils.
Rugged is Pine and cedarwood. Natural is well....natural.

20180606_163350.jpg

Ingredients.

20180606_163300.jpg

20180606_163442.jpg

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Very nice score. Great artwork and labels. And the ingredients are great. Essential oils only for the scent accord is a good sign.

He did not list the full ingredients on his web site which I find rather odd. So was pleased to see no low grade carrier oils in the mix.
I like the artwork as well, kind of old timer look.

I don't go into Wellington City too much but his store may be worth a visit one day when I go in for something else as well. Even if it just to meet the man him self.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Some Grave Before Shave beard oil samples.
I've been watching the tracking and it has shown as arrived at LOS ANGELES,CA, about 6 days ago.
So was pleasantly surprised to find it in my letter box when I got home today.

20180625_162115.jpg

20180625_162133.jpg

The most recent item I bought was a Kent 87T folding 'stache comb
proxy.php

It fits nicely in the watch pocket of my jeans, and does not get wax all over the place.

Top Bottom