What's new

Bearded Lady Seeking Cream

Hello boys,

I’m a woman who, because of a condition where my body produces too much testosterone, grows a beard that I shave daily. I have dealt with this for a number of years, and for a long time just shaved with cheap drugstore razors. When I moved in with my husband, he introduced me to DE shaving, and oh my god was that the greatest gift he could have given me. Since then my skin has felt so much better, and all the irritation I was dealing with for years completely went away.

Needless to say, I’m very happy with my shaving routine at this point, and have my own razor, preferred blades, and brush. However, up until recently I had been using some cream from art of shaving that my husband had been given as a gift but didn’t use. I never felt there was anything wrong with it, but it’s now run out, and I know there’s a whole world of choices out there, and I’m overwhelmed with options.

I have fairly sensitive skin, and rather coarse hair, and really enjoy a nice thick warm lather. As far as scents go, I’m not much of one for musky or earthy tones, so I’d prefer something either floral or sweet, or if that’s not possible, unscented.

I hope I’ve done this right since this is my first post here, but what do you say, can you help a girl out?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Welcome! If you want to get your husband ‘hot and bothered’, I highly recommend Stirling Soap Company’s ‘Witchy Woman’ — it smells like Love Spell from Victoria's Secret.

Enjoy this wonderful community of shavers (men and women), and enjoy your journey.

Proraso white shaving cream might be a good option. It's for sensitive skin, and has a light, slightly fruity scent.

Proraso white shaving cream might be a good option. It's for sensitive skin, and has a light, slightly fruity scent.

Ooo the description sounds lovely, thanks!

Ooo the description sounds lovely, thanks!
I use the Proraso White Preshave and it’s the difference between a good shave and a mediocre shave. I ran out a few weeks ago and had to shave without it for a week. I realized then that it was doing it’s job. As an older person, I have skin that is easily irritated. The Proraso helps keep the irritation from happening. Sometimes I apply it between passes as well as before the first pass.

A good slick cream, if you can find it, is Ariana & Evans Kaizen. They are an artisan shop, so they don’t turn out a lot of product.

Welcome! As you’re seeing, there are LOTS of great cream and soap options with floral, sweet, and other “non-masculine” scents. If you want to explore some of the possibilities, a number of online vendors sell samples.

Personally, among creams I highly recommend Ach Brito Lavanda—fantastic performance, lovely lavender scent, and inexpensive.

I love the scent of Proraso White. The pre shave is one of the best out there and the balm is great too. Does the new formulation rival Art of Shaving creams in terms of performance? That is a high bar.

My wife likes Stirling soaps for her legs. They have many scents. She also likes Captain's Choice like, but the others in the line tend to be a bit masculine for her.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club.

I would suggest starting with some samples of stirling soap company.
There is witchy woman but there are plenty. Just be carefull if you like menthol since lots of the sweet fruity ones have menthol (margaritas, pineapple, cherry). They also have seasonal specials and last time there were f eminent scents.
Stirling also has bath soaps shampoos etc....

Phoenix artisan accouterments had a valentine chocolate rose maybe fitting and maybe there are still left there.

I had some amber rose and Angel from b&m which are lovely and might make a gall smile also.

Leaf shaving has a soap and razors many women seem to like.

Maggards has a huge stack of samples dive in to those.

And important if you live near a shop like that and it is open again go a take a sniff.

Go for a nice soft synthetic shaving brush and a scuttle (since you love warm lather).

Have fun!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Welcome to the forum!

I have fairly sensitive skin, and rather coarse hair, and really enjoy a nice thick warm lather. As far as scents go, I’m not much of one for musky or earthy tones, so I’d prefer something either floral or sweet, or if that’s not possible, unscented.

Cyril R Salter Shaving Cream Bowls - https://connaughtshaving.com/cyrilsc.html

IMG_2975.jpg IMG_2978.jpg

It is spectacular, both in scent and performance. Its also not expensive and comes in a large 5.8oz tub. I have about 1/4 of my Rose left and I've used it a lot over the past 2 1/2 years.

The scent. This wonderful scent. They really nailed it.

This is the scent in the tub.

Red_Rosebud_With_Raindrops_(216494517).jpg

This is the scent as I was lathering.

Dark-Red-Rose-Wallpaper_thumb.jpg

The more its lathered the more it opens up, but its more than that. Lathering for my third pass it hit me. Its more than just a simple rose. Its a rose garden.

451743282_1280x720.jpg

I had to concentrate a bit and think about it, but I could detect that rich deep moisture, the green of the leaves and even the fresh clean dirt. Its incredible.

CRS creams are in my top three of soaps and creams and I reach for them often.

Phoenix & Beau Iceni is very nice also. To my nose, it smells like a Sandalwood blossom. I need to load it either a bit heavy or a bit dry to make it match CRS in performance but its a top shelf soap with an excellent scent profile.

Wickham 1912 Parma Violet was my last purchase. It smells very nice. Wickham soaps are my #1 in performance. I have a few but I didnt like their rose. Its very heavy and musky, much the same as Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto.

Captain's Choice 45th Parallel cream is another of my favorites as well as his Lime.

Captain's Choice 45th Parallel - A Review - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/captains-choice-45th-parallel-a-review.527755/

Captain's Choice Lime - A Review - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/captains-choice-lime-a-review.528255/

Stirling Witchy Woman I've used as well. Its a nice scent and a nice soap. To my nose its floral with slightly musky undertones and a fairly bright Lemon note. Stirling Black Cherry smells delicious.

Stirling samples are a great buy. They're large and last a long time. I kept the 14 I tried in small screw lid tubs from the dollar store.

Screenshot_2021-03-04 3025627_0_XL webp (WEBP Image, 2000 × 1999 pixels) — Scaled (46%).png

...I have fairly sensitive skin, and rather coarse hair, and really enjoy a nice thick warm lather. As far as scents go, I’m not much of one for musky or earthy tones, so I’d prefer something either floral or sweet, or if that’s not possible, unscented....
Soap Commander makes some very nice soaps with shea butter, that helps with moisturizing after shaving. They have several you might like, but I'm thinking of the Love scent, which is a natural smelling rose. Also, they have Integrity, which is unscented.

Top Bottom