What's new

Bearded Lady Seeking Cream

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Welcome to the forums! There are so many different wonderful soaps and creams, enjoy the adventure!

Another lovely fruity floral scent is Barrister and Mann Le Grande Chypre.. some of the best slickness out there and an amazing scent...

You have a lot of good suggestions here, but most will require a bit of time to arrive from whichever online vendor you patronize. I assume you're using a gel or similar in the meantime? Same stuff you may be using for your legs?

Pop down to the store and pick up a tube of Gillette Pure - it has a neutral scent and is quite good. Kiss My Face makes an excellent shave cream in a pump dispenser in several scents - it's not as widely available but I've seen it at Whole Foods, and on Amazon. I use the unscented variety to mix with my cream-of-the-day to make an UberLather, and my wife uses it on her legs.

One of these should tide you over until you can lay in a stock of creams to try.

Reactions: RSC
@Salty O'Rourke, these are very good off the shelf suggestions. Another one I've seen at the store and like is Pacific Shaving Company Natural. It's a light herbal, somewhat citrusy unisex fragrance that gets a lot of positive female reviews on Amazon. It's a low lathering cream, so that might be a problem depending on your preference. The Caffeinated version makes a "better" lather, but it's a straight up spearmint fragrance.

I learned yesterday that some of the Kiss My Face fragrances have been discontinued. There used to be Peaches and Cream, Peaceful Patchouli, Key Lime, and Green Tea and Bamboo. Apparently there are now only Lavender and Shea, Cool Mint, and Unscented. Still a very good cream as long as it hasn't been reformulated.

First of all, welcome to this wonderful forum.

Above mentioned are all great suggestions and depending upon your preference, I'm sure that something will suit you nicely.

Soaps, croaps and creams are all fine and work for most of us.

I've been using Stirling, Catie's Bubbles, Mitchell's Wool Fat to name a few brands, and although they are all great but each has its own quirks.
Some are scent forward, some are prone to difficulty in lathering etc.

I can list some creams and One Soap which in my opinion are of good to great quality products and are less likely to cause any reactions (such incidents are rare but possible).

1) Fitjar Island Creams (very nice and light scented)

2) Oaken Labs (Oriental yet light in scents)

3) Catie's Bubbles (Vegan and vast variety of scents available)

4) Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap (Best IMO)

I've listed creams in majority because I think you'll most likely prefer to use one or two, and then decide how much you want to explore the soap/ cream world of shaving.

Good luck with your shaving experience.

There are a lot of soaps and creams that perform well, but scents are very subjective. I would suggest you buy an assortment of samples from Maggard's (Samples | Product Categories | Maggard Razors Traditional Wet Shaving Products - https://www.maggardrazors.com/product-category/samples/) and some from Stirling. That way you can do some exploring without breaking the bank.

The samples from Maggards are small (~5 shaves); the Stirling samples are 1/4 of their refill pucks and will last about 20 shaves.

Thank you for the suggestions and the warm welcome! Stirling is looking very interesting, and affordable too. I might just have to try out several scents!
I am a big Stirling fan and have several of their scents. As you stated, they are quite affordable. I would recommend ordering some of their sample pucks of soap. They last quite a while and will certainly give you plenty of time to pick out a couple of favorites.

Taylor Of Old Bond Street is one of the main UK brands with long history and plenty of choice, you can't go wrong with anything from their range, quality guaranteed pretty much by default.

Maggardrazors

Ladies Corner (You have a lot of choices here).

A soft and nice cashmere knot for the shaving brush plus a mild razor , could help you even more

Welcome to B&B. Lots of women like Kiss My Face shaving creams. They come in fruit or floral scents like lime, lavender, mint, patchouli, unscented, etc. The pump bottles or tubes are available in most organic grocery stores or online. It's great with a brush or it lathers easily by hand too.

Welcome! I've noticed no one asked yet, so if you are happy to share, what is your razor and your blade of choice? :)
Thank you for the suggestions and the warm welcome! Stirling is looking very interesting, and affordable too. I might just have to try out several scents!
Stirling is an interesting one, the price is good and the performance great, but as someone whose skin doesn't react to much, there is something in their soaps which my skin reacted negatively to and I can't identify it. I've tried several scents from them, all with the same response, which is a shame as their Iced Pineapple smells absolutely amazing with a nice menthol kick.

On a similar note, Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS) makes cream that lathers well, but in my experience, the scents are on the stronger side and I found it also irritated my skin (specifically the grapefruit scent and worse than the Stirling).

My advice is to try somewhere like Maggards and hit up their samples category, I'd recommend:
  • TOBS Cream Samples
  • St James Of London Cream/Gel Samples
  • Proraso Cream/ Soap Samples
  • Martin de Candre Soap Samples
  • Geof F Trumper Cream Samples
  • Ariana & Evans Soap Samples
Or even a tube of Gillette Pure cream, it performs well, gentle on the skin and is cheap and easy to find!

Best of luck and hope to see more from you :)

Welcome to the forum!

My wife swears by Stirling and she has several. I think her current favorite is Duchess and she has the matching body butter as well.

Mitchel wool fat. Light neutral scent. Wife use it on her legs sometimes. Amazing performance. My son just started shaving and he likes it too. I highly recommend having more than one soap. Rotating them keeps things fresh and new.

Top Bottom