What's new

Beard trimming with a straight

Stupid question for straight shavers that also wear a beard (from time to time). When you groom or trim your beard around the margins with your straight do you do the whole thing? Latherin up and all or is it just a little water on the skin? Is there a technique for trimming the upper part of your cheeks? In order to efficiently trim the margins there you would have to use the straight with the toe pointing downward which seems a little unpractical to me.

It depends. If I have a fully unshaven beard and need to take a lot off the shape it up, I do a full lather and leave a rough shape of what I want in lather. Then I finish with either very light almost seethru lather or just plain water. If I'm just doing a touch up I use water.

"you would have to use the straight with the toe pointing downward which seems a little unpractical to me".

A squarish heel works great.

Last edited:
I have a razor called Little Shaver by Pabst & Koher, about 2 3/8" on the blade. It always worked very good around my beard. But then I have given up straight's and they all will go on the Bay one of these days, which I hate to do but can't seem to get to 50 posts on here.

Top Bottom