What's new

Beard trimming time

Ive had my beard for almost two years now. Kept it trimmed for most of that time. Shaving my neck kept me in straight shaving form.

Lately, my moustache has been driving me a bit nuts so I decided to have a bit more significant a trim this fine evening.

Tool of choice: Vorpal Gold Dollar.

IMG_6068.JPG
IMG_6097.JPG
IMG_6099.JPG
IMG_6102.JPG

So that's what the Lord of Lapping Film looks like. The visage of the Viscount of Vorpal, the Grand Duke of Gold Dollars.

The trim looks good! It took 5 years off.

:a47:
I usually use scissors or a trimmer. Part of the fun of a beard is changing it up from time to time. Have fun with it. I've been curious about what it is like to shave the mustache area, but never enough to do it.
Great looking razor by the way! :thumbsup:

I'm going the other way. I'm actually NOT trimming my mustache for the first time. I'm about 4 months in to a 6 - 8 month experiment.

Do you shave the head with the straight? If not, that's a good way to keep the beard but still have some practice time with the straight.

Straight edge+round head=not optimal shaving.

I use a Shick Extreme 3 on the cranium. It bends to match the radius of curvature.

Straight edge+round head=not optimal shaving.
I use a Shick Extreme 3 on the cranium. It bends to match the radius of curvature.
I don't blame you. I haven't braved the straight or the shavette on the dome either. I stick to DE/SE. I don't seem to get quite as close of a shave with my straights on my face, so I didn't think it was worth the effort to even try it on the skull.

When I first shaved my head, I used a straight to do it. Certainly doable, but far from optimal. There are better tools for that job.

Top Bottom