What's new

Beard Trimmer

Currently I am growing a beard and am not yet sure I will keep all of it. I know there are guys on here that have goatees or moustaches... what do you guys use for trimming? Electric? If so please post, if not enlighten me!

Thanks

When I wore a beard I used a DE to trim the edges. Merkur makes a mustache razor by the way. It has a very small head and uses special blades. The model has been around for decades from what I can tell so it's a classic.

I saw those on the Merkur site, and wondered how well they worked. I currently have a handlebar and soul patch. So I would be very interested on any feedback on those trimmers. Anybody have or used one?

I use an adjustable Norelco with the vacuum (cuts down on my g/f yelling at me....I mean cuts downs on hair scattered throughout the bathroom) Had it about 3 years and no problems, use it 2-3 times a week and still going strong.

I have bought several trimmers over the years and nowadays just use scissors and a comb to keep the length right on the goatee and the sideburns.

A straight is good for trimming around the beard as well as a DE. I have used both and can make a really clean line with the straight! :001_smile

I have a close trimmed goatee during the spring, summer, and early fall. Late fall I let my beard come in for hunting season. Just brought a new Wahl electric trimmer three (3) weeks ago. Its the small one for mustaches and beards. Last one lasted me about fourteen (14) years so I through I would stay with the same brand. Even when I grow my bread in I keep my neck and checks shaved so it maintains a nice crisp look.

I really enjoy my beard in the winter and enjoy shaving it off when the warm weather begins. Have fun letting it grow in, I would suggest about three weeks of growth then slowly begin trimming it into the shape you or SHMBO likes.

Have fun, Dan

I use a Remington Titanium MB200. Nothing fancy but it does a good job keeping the goatee trimmed in the fall/winter and during Red Wing playoff hockey. :biggrin:

I can't recall the brand, but yes, I have an electric trimmer with an adjustable guide, so that you can trim just a little, or really power through the undergrowth. It's also good for trimming the bottom edge of the beard along the throat, stuff that the DE shave sometimes misses.

About a dozen years ago I didn't have a beard but my wife and I had two dogs (West Highland White Terriers) and the breeder gave me some lessons in how to groom them and I ended up buying all sorts of scissors, trimmers, combs and brushes.

Now we have no dogs but I do have a short beard and I discovered that my Andis Ultra Edge pet trimmer with a number 7FC blade does a great job on it! I trim it short about every week or so, usually in the shower stall before turning the water on.

I still use a DE razor daily to shave my cheeks and neck and to keep nice straight lines on the beard.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I have a Braun that I enjoy. It has a couple of adjustable combs and a couple of shorter combs, along with a precision attachment and a nose trimmer. The adjustable combs are good beard length, but I got better edges and precision trimming with a DE and a pair of trimming scissors.

I just have the ring beard (mustache connected to small chin beard) and for the stache use the scissors and comb, but for the chin, I use a Panasonic beard trimmer I'd started using back in my full beard days.

Top Bottom