What's new

Beard trimmer needed

Simple premise here. My beard trimmer is on its last legs. Just wondering what y'all use, and what you'd recommend. Has anyone used one with the built in vacuum? Does that work well? Thanks for your input.

A vacuum attachment seems like a lot of things going on for a simple beard trimmer. Now for cutting your hair, I see where the vacuum would come in handy.

I have a Wahl set, big clippers for trimming my head and a small one for trimming my beard. It's been going strong for about 5 or 6 years now. Just keep them clean and oiled.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I have the Panasonic wet/dry one. Works very well in the shower where all the trimmings go down the drain.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Once a week I stand in the shower (with the water off) with my Wahl clippers and depending on the season use a #1 or #2 on my head, and a #3 or #5 on my beard. Afterwards turn the water on and wash it all down the drain.

Simple premise here. My beard trimmer is on its last legs. Just wondering what y'all use, and what you'd recommend. Has anyone used one with the built in vacuum? Does that work well? Thanks for your input.

I use the Wahl Pro series T-blade (it's what the barbers use). Bought it for $50 two years ago. It's around $35 on amazon now. It has a 1.5, 1.0 and 0.5 (for that perfect shadow look) guards. This thing is very precise though. When i first used it, one mistake and i would have to shave off my beard. After a few uses, you get used to it and should master it in no time.

It's this one:

proxy.php

The only beard trimmer I have ever had luck with is the Remington Titanium $$(KGrHqRHJFUFBh)GQSEsBQjbWU,HQg~~60_12.JPG
Never buy one of these, I had Remington take one back because the battery went bad after the first use and would stay charged, so the sent me a new one and it did the same thing. $$T2eC16F,!)!E9s2f!GiIBRndnfnvhw~~60_12.JPG

I also tried the Panasonic beard trimmer from group on or ebay or something for $20 but it didnt seem to cut the hair nearly as good as the remington titanium. $31xyQh9Z2uL.jpg

Good luck with your search. These are all cordless, I found good power for a long lasting time with the Remington Titanium, but Wahl and Andis have great plug in options.

http://www.amazon.com/Remington-MB-...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0009OMU0A

Last edited:
Top Bottom