What's new

Beard Trend

So I reside in Southern Ontario, just to give geographically context. I have seen a marked increase in men growing beards and it is seems to be across the age spectrum. Oh and to add, I noticed this for the last year, give or take, so I don't think it's just a winter thing.

Just wondering what other people are experiencing in their neck of the woods.

So I reside in Southern Ontario, just to give geographically context. I have seen a marked increase in men growing beards and it is seems to be across the age spectrum. Oh and to add, I noticed this for the last year, give or take, so I don't think it's just a winter thing.

Just wondering what other people are experiencing in their neck of the woods.
Full beards have been common for a while. Where I live I do see them a bit.

I live in Texas.

I've always had a beard one way or another. When I first started shaving with a DE, I still had a full goatee/circle beard/van dyke (way too many names for that style by the way).

Now I just use a shavette to clean up the upper cheek and neck lines.

I live in Vancouver, B.C. The trend seems to be going the other way here, which is interesting because Vancouver is Hipster Central.

Maybe everybody is tired of seeing themselves coming and going.

There has definitely been an upsurge in full beards in the last decade or more and while I don't know if the trend has reached its peak or not, they are still quite prevalent. Interestingly, I once read that the more common they get the less attractive they look (familiarity breeds contempt), so it will be interesting to see if the trend continues or if men who only started growing theirs as the trend blossomed start to shave.

That said, for as common as they have become, I probably still see just as many men with no facial hair, so beards have grown in popularity, but, at least anecdotally, they do not dominate the male face.

My little corner of the world seems to be about the same. Most younger guys are sporting beards and its totally normal for them.
It seems like middle aged and older men kind of experiment with beards and go back and forth from a stubble beard or a circle beard to being clean shaven.
Me, Ive had a beard for almost 20 years and have no plans to shave it ever. If anything, I let it grow out more these days. Im currently rocking a pretty epic circle beard with heavy stubble on the sides. I believe nowdays the kids refer to it as a, "shaggy goat".

The full beard trend peaked here some time ago. I've seen younger guys with immaculately groomed stubble, and sharply defined almost geometric shapes, which seems very affected, as well as more trouble than it's worth. You might as well shave, it's probably quicker.

Top Bottom