What's new

Beard Transplants

I'll admit that I am from the South where folks aren't so smart, but this is ludicrous to me. Reinforces the old adage that a fool and his money are soon parted.

Oh good Lord. I'm not sure that isn't the dumbest.... Of course I'm hairy enough to shave my back and PIF a sweater once a month. Whatever burns up your disposable income, I guess.

Oh good Lord. I'm not sure that isn't the dumbest.... Of course I'm hairy enough to shave my back and PIF a sweater once a month. Whatever burns up your disposable income, I guess.

:lol:

I remember this old salt who used to remark he could 'weave two baskets with his chest hair'.

As a man with a really dense full beard, and really high natural cheeks, and a neck beard that joins my chest hair, I think a beard "transplant" is pretty ridiculous.

Of course, I'm the same guy that got sick of my receding hairline and shaved my head so...obviously transplants aren't high on my list, anyhow...

But I am capable of growing the beard I want to wear, and I do not have thousands of dollars of disposable income to spend on a beard transplant...

Maybe if I had no facial hair and made a small fortune every week my opinion would be different...but I doubt it. I'd rather spend hundreds on fine shaving instruments than thousands on a beard transplant...YMMV :blink:

As a man with a really dense full beard, and really high natural cheeks, and a neck beard that joins my chest hair, I think a beard "transplant" is pretty ridiculous.

Of course, I'm the same guy that got sick of my receding hairline and shaved my head so...obviously transplants aren't high on my list, anyhow...

But I am capable of growing the beard I want to wear, and I do not have thousands of dollars of disposable income to spend on a beard transplant...

Maybe if I had no facial hair and made a small fortune every week my opinion would be different...but I doubt it. I'd rather spend hundreds on fine shaving instruments than thousands on a beard transplant...YMMV :blink:

+1

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I had to check the link to see if this would conflict with Ouch International's planned rollout of our latest project, a "beard sharing service". Trial runs will begin next month in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

Naturally, we will be calling it Ubeard.

I had to check the link to see if this would conflict with Ouch International's planned rollout of our latest project, a "beard sharing service". Trial runs will begin next month in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

Naturally, we will be calling it Ubeard.

What is the proposed flat rate?

I agree it's pretty silly to go to that length for the sake of fashion, I can see how that technology can have a legit purpose, so from that view, it's pretty cool they can do something like that. Say some poor gent has facial scarring and they want to grow a beard out to cover it, and aren't able to, or what caused the scarring also took out the follicles in that spot.

I agree it's pretty silly to go to that length for the sake of fashion, I can see how that technology can have a legit purpose, so from that view, it's pretty cool they can do something like that. Say some poor gent has facial scarring and they want to grow a beard out to cover it, and aren't able to, or what caused the scarring also took out the follicles in that spot.

Reconstructive surgery? Excellent.

Hipster Doofus? Ridiculous.

Never mind the transplant surgery ... just get a beard tattoo.

Even if you go get it from a tattoo artist who is the first day on the job, blind, quadripelegic and has to hold the ink-pen in his mouth, it would be hard to screw up a tattoo this simple.

Seems to me that reconstructive surgery to reduce the scarring would be more beneficial than trying to transplant follicles to cover it up. Scar tissue is tough to deal with, whether clean shaven or fully bearded, so if you were going to go through the pain and expense of surgery to fix facial scarring, it seems that a permanent reconstruction of the tissue would be more beneficial than transplanting follicles to cover it temporarily...

Just my $.02...which amounts to squat after inflation...

Top Bottom