What's new

Beard softening creams like Proraso Red

I like Proraso Red for it's beard softening properties. It's fantastic effect. Especially for my toght whiskers. This cream paired with Merkur 37C and Feather blade is something breathtaking. Shaving becomes very easy, end result is a extremely close shave. This cream also very sleek and moisturizing which i really like. I want to try more creams like that. Beard softening, sleek and moisturizing. What you can recommend? I prefer if it would be cream, but soap is also ok. Considering that shaving soaps is more common than creams.

If you liked Proraso, then try Proraso Blue (with aloe and vitamin E).

Other interesting creams are Vito's in 500 ml tube

I own more soaps than creams, but if you want to try a soap ...

- Stirling.
- Mike's Natural Soaps.
- Soap Commander.
- Catie's Bubbles.
- Cella.
- Vito's Red.
- Rasozero Agrumella and Barbacco.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Among soft shaving creams I do suggest La Toja Classic and, if price is not an issue, Musgo Real Classic. I am now mostly a hard soap user, but the exceptional qualities of these two soft creams have made them both gain a permanent spot in my den.

A big thumbs up to both Proraso Red and Blue preshaves. For softening my old man grizzled whiskers they are among the best.

If you live in CONUS, equally effective in performance is the Wal Mart brand Equate version of Noxzema. It’s a few bucks for a tub and it is crazy how effective this stuff is as a beard softener. It contains camphor, eucalyptus, and menthol and I highly suggest trying it.

cheers!

Check out the Red pre-shave. It's my pre-shave of choice when I don't want menthol and it has the same properties as the soap/cream (correct me if I'm wrong).

AdP v3
SMN v3
T&H - Apsley
GFT - Eucris, Spanish Leather
TOBS - Lime Zest, Tobacco Leaf
Musgo Real - Black ed.
Super Formula Proraso

For my 'traditional barber shave' in genoa last year, the barber was using exclusively Proraso Red shave cream!!
Excellent shave!!

proraso red genoa.jpg

I really like the american crew preshave oil. Its (relatively) inexpensive, lasts a really long time, has a clean fresh scent and works the way you'd expect it to. Hairs are softened, face is moisturised, slickness is added etc. I haven't used anything else though so not sure how it compares...been waiting to try the proraso preshaves but their poor aftershaves have made me hesitant. TOBS Aloe Vera is amazing!!!! Absolutely use it

Top Bottom