What's new

Beard oil

Hi everyone. As Movember is approaching I will be growing the goatee and this time round would like a nice quality beard oil to help combat the itching. I have combination skin but it seems to be more on the oily side. Can anybody make some recommendations? Thanks.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

I will be growing my beard back soon, just need a picture in my last military uniform. What I find helpful is a little beard balm, which softens the beard and conditions the skin. I use Rocky Mountain Barber cedarwood, but there are others that are also good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cremo makes a nice beard oil that is cheap and easy to find. With beard oil, its all pretty much the same thing. They all use basically the same ingredients, its more a matter of what scent you like.
The only thing to really watch out for is something that has lots of chemicals in it, especially silicone. It should have mostly seed oils in it.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My problem with beard oils and conditioners is they tend to make me break out. But I recently decided to give Phoenix a try and bought a bottle of their beard oil...Atomic Age Bay Rum scent...and so far, so good. No breakout from it at all after multiple uses.

I recently made my own. I'd bought some essential oils that were loosely based on one of my favourite fragrances, and put a few drops of each into some light olive oil. My beard isn't particularly heavy, and I find I can use a couple of drops for a good result. Too much and the beard kind of sparkles weirdly.

I have found some Sandalwood scented beard oil online here in Thailand for a good price so I will give that a go.

I've never met an oil/balm that wasn't effective, so whatever is in your budget is probably fine. I'm a big Honest Amish fan. Great quality, great price.

I'm a Proraso guy, and I freely admit that is due in part to the fact I've been studying Italian which has given me a bit of a bias.

My skin is on the oily side and I break out easily myself, so I've been using their White line. Their "Crema Pre Barba" beard oil works really well for me - very lubricating but not at all greasy-feeling, and has never made my skin break out.

Also, I'm planning to shave my mustache and goatee on the 31st so I can grow a new 'stache for Movember 2019 - might be worth a topic of it's own!

I'm a Proraso guy, and I freely admit that is due in part to the fact I've been studying Italian which has given me a bit of a bias.

My skin is on the oily side and I break out easily myself, so I've been using their White line. Their "Crema Pre Barba" beard oil works really well for me - very lubricating but not at all greasy-feeling, and has never made my skin break out.

Also, I'm planning to shave my mustache and goatee on the 31st so I can grow a new 'stache for Movember 2019 - might be worth a topic of it's own!
Wow. Good luck with the Italian. That sounds very interesting. Yes we should start a post to share our "Movember" progress.

Top Bottom