What's new

Beard Oil

Can you use Beard Balm or oil if you use a Beard Wash? I've been using Bluebeards Daily Beard wash and have found it cuts down on beardruff and itchiness. Wondering if a balm or oil will help even more with softness and shine? Are the balms and oils a leave-in product or rinse away? I have fairly sensitive skin on my face and neck.

Dale

I'm one of the luck few who is able to have a beard at work. With that said, I wash my beard every day with Beard Wash and after getting out of the shower I apply my Beard Oil. Once dressed and ready to hit the road, I take some Beard Balm (Heavy Duty) and work it in and comb my beard out. Now, at night, I wash my beard and use Honest Amish Leave-In Beard Conditioner to keep my beard nice and moisturized, during the night.

Hope that helps.

My routine is relatively simple. I shower in the morning, and I wash my beard with whatever shampoo I happen to be using. Then I use conditioner - right now it's a Suave product with argan oil. I rinse it from my head within a minute or two, but I leave it in the beard for a few minutes since beard hair is more coarse.

Then after I shave, I massage a small amount of beard oil into the beard, making sure to distribute evenly. The oil is from Leven Rose, a blend of jojoba and argan oils. However, I've since added some Radha frankincense essential oil - proportion is about two parts beard oil to one part frankincense oil. The frankincense adds a bit of a resinous scent (which is calming to me) but it fades quickly. Frankincense oil is very light and seems to absorb quickly, and I really appreciate the benefits of using it.

The Leven Rose beard oil is good stuff, but the added frankincense oil takes it up a notch, making the beard nice and soft, and keeping the skin underneath moisturized and supple. If it's hot/humid, I usually skip either the conditioner or the beard oil, but when it's cold/dry, I use both. I've found this is enough for me.

I use a beard elixir on my Balbo style and enjoy it. It's made locally, and pretty reasonable price-wise. It does soften a bit and adds a nice smell as well.

I use the Beard Balm that Tony wrote about last year. I don't always remember to put it in, but it does help moisturize both the hair and the skin underneath.

Top Bottom