What's new

Beard-loving cats

My cat has fallen in love with my beard and grooms it like it's his brother. He slaps his tongue through the hairs--and yes it's annoying (and cute)--when I'm trying to sleep or just relaxing on the couch. Anyone else have a beard-loving--or 'stache-loving--cat story?

Here's Luca going to town when I'm trying to get some shut-eye. He likes to go against the grain.
$image.jpg

That's a little disturbing on a couple of levels:blink:

It would definitely inspire me to shave! quickly... Although using a cat as a pre-shave is truly unusual.

Last edited:
Two of mind don't go to that level, but they love rubbing themselves against it like they are using it as a cat brush... lol

I have one cat that LOOOVES to rub his face and head on my beard. And another... who likes to try and lick/eat my handlebar while I am trying to sleep. She wakes me up all the time licking or biting my handlebar. Arrgh!

I think she likes the smell of the G2BBlued, since it smells some what of sour apple.

Well, I'm one of those people that if woken up in the wrong fashion I start swinging ,
and for some reason my cat likes to bite and pull on my beard in the middle of the night.
Say the least I don't let her get to close now, and from reading the above posts I gather it's not that uncommon, weird ....����

Depending on which aftershave I have on, some of my cats will avoid the rubbings, or want extras. They are just as picky as the other half is. lol

MY two cats just sniff mine and go on their way. They do give back rubs if you lay down on the couch or bed to take a nap. Then they laydown beside you and go to sleep too.

When I had long beard and pet cats (years ago) they loved it. Since I've started to regrow mine, I've noticed neighborhood cats let me pet me them more.

Cool pictures, by the way, everyone.

The nibbling and biting is typical mama cat behavior (former show cat breeder) Just trying to make sure it's clean. Also, mama's do much the same thing and then bit off their kittens whiskers when they are babies...sort of trying to make the kitten think it's smaller and to stay in the basket/nest longer. So, yours is helping...kinda of. I had one who went straight for the eyelashes. Not terribly cute @ 3am.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Our one girl climbs up behind us on the couch and "grooms" us by pulling and chewing (head) hair. Gnaws your scalp.

The other little lunatic loves aftershave and will lick it off my face if I (can stand to) let her. Sandpapery tongue+ catbreath.

Without question they would eat us, the little carnivores.

AA

Top Bottom