What's new

Beard is back...

Well......I slipped on ice at a gas station two weeks ago ( to the day). It was SWMBO's birthday too :( At least we had gotten her birthday present taken care of ( 2022 Toyota Venza Hybrid). I have surgery this coming Tuesday,plates/screw/etc.... and haven't had a shave since her birthday......So figured I would grow the beard again, any new favorite beard oils for 2022????

It is not an oil, but a balm. I am currently working through a small tub of Stirling Mountain Man. My only complaint is that it takes a bit to soften the beard balm. I also have a St. Piers beard oil, but I don't find the oils as comfortable on my face.

Sorry to hear that. I usually buy unscented oil on Amazon so I’m no help. Just wanted to say good luck with the surgery.

I’m sorry for your injury, hope all goes well. When I had my beard I used village barber oil with additional scents, it worked pretty well.

A new car is a birthday present any wife should appreciate. Good for you. In the 1980s, I grew a beard every year from Labor to Memorial Day. I liked a beard, but could not stand it in warmer months. I finally stopped growing it because my youngest daughter would hysterically cry every time I shaved it in spring. My wife and I never figured out why, but I stopped growing one. It was too distressing on all of us.

Surgery was successful, however a bit more ligament damage than was shown on film, this means extra recovery time!!!:( Happy it is over, and the last two days (Thursday and Friday, as well as Wednesday) were spent mainly sleeping, due to pain meds. However today with just a judicious icing regimen and Tylenol it is about 80% better. Hate the way pain meds muddle my head. At least I have a Job that can be done remotely !!!

Surgery was successful, however a bit more ligament damage than was shown on film, this means extra recovery time!!!:( Happy it is over, and the last two days (Thursday and Friday, as well as Wednesday) were spent mainly sleeping, due to pain meds. However today with just a judicious icing regimen and Tylenol it is about 80% better. Hate the way pain meds muddle my head. At least I have a Job that can be done remotely !!!
I am glad everything was successful, good luck with recovery

Good luck on the long road to recovery. I’ve discovered jojoba oil is great for beards, hair and skin. It’s also much cheaper than “beard oil”. Seems to absorb quickly and not stain things like masks and pillows.

Check out Luxurious Bastard. He puts out some really great scents. I’ve been loving the Original, the Holy and the Dark Bastard oils. The TCVC was a little too sweet for me but I’ll still wear it on occasion.

Top Bottom