What's new

Beard Help - Huge Swirl, Uneven Neckline.

Ok folks. I have grown a few beards, and this is the point where I always say "screw it" and shave it off. And here is why - my beard A) grows sideways under my chin, and B) makes a huge swirl.

The effect is that it looks like I royally screwed up my neckline. NOTE, that my neckline is actually very straight --- follows my chinline right across. Though, when the hair is allowed to lay down naturally, it sure doesnt look like it!

$IMG_0154.JPG

A) Any thoughts on how to handle this? Trim it off so that it looks straight or extend my neckline down a bit more, letting the "gap" grow in? I hesitate to continue to trim it up, as I dont think this solves the problem.

B) Additional suggestions for a solid beard wax? As I mentioned in another post, I have been using Honest Amish products (balm, heavy duty balm, and extra grit wax), which help a lot with the stray hairs but dont do much to shape that swirl!

I have some Mr. Bear Wax and Balm on the way, but have also been looking at other waxes.

• AJ's Elixirs
  • Bible Beard Wax
  • Jep's Beard Wax
  • Bossman Heavy Duty Balm/Wax
  • Man Not Ape - Original

Thoughts/suggestions on these or other product I should consider? I think this is where my beard wants to enter the unruly stage (it is currently just over half an inch long), and I am hoping that a good wax (or even really stiff balm?) will help me get it under control while it continues to grow.

Thanks for any help/advice!

I would let it all grow in for a bit, see how it comes in all said that way, then trim up just the edge as needed. That may allow it to fill into that gap and solve the issue.

Mine grows inward as well,but no problem ,as I shave every other day....You have to ask yourself what makes you more happy to see in the mirror,a beard or a clean shave,it boils down to that...

Thanks guys - I'm definitely going to let it grow for a while more before I start to really try and trim it up. Since this is the longest I've gone, I don't know what my "natural" pattern or growth will look like.

Have some wax on the way --- might help keep it in check while it continues to grow!

Well, I look pretty terrible once my beard gets out to a proper length, so I tend to stick to shaving. I still fantasize about going full Gandalf though....

lol --- I might be there too. I have a spot right in the middle of my chin that doesn't grow anything and that killer swirl. I've never let it get out more than half an inch (mainly because of the swirl). Its super thick (besides that spot on my chin!), so I dunno.

Top Bottom