What's new

Beard grows slower on summer?

Just a curiosity question: any of you guys have noticed that your whiskers grow slower on summer? Or is it just my imagination? it seems my shaves last longer on the summer and instead of 36 hours in between for good growth I go full 48 hours between shaves, not that I mind but just seems odd, what do you guys think?

No difference here, except the opposite way perhaps.

Since I’ve started, my whiskers have slowly felt more full, thick, and seem to be more noticeable more quickly.

for me its the opposite, I've noticed that I need to be much more careful when I shave too, most likely due to inflammation from allergies.

No difference here, except the opposite way perhaps. Since I’ve started, my whiskers have slowly felt more full, thick, and seem to be more noticeable more quickly.

Probably because you chase the BBS shave and even the smallest growth seems like you need a shave. You are more aware now. I do the same thing.

I haven’t noticed any change in the amount of growth in winter or summer. But as already eloquently stated, our pursuit makes us more aware of growth, hence the need to shave more often.

I think it has to do with moisture perhaps. Your skin is probably more "plump" from the humidity and perspiration that the hairs don't protrude as much. Also the moisture on the top of the skin lubricates your face more so you don't notice stubble as much when you run your hand across your face.

I get worse shaves in the summer than the winter. The humidity and sweating seems to be an issue for me, especially around my neck where my shirt collar is. It definitely gets sweaty and irritates my skin, which makes shaving more of a challenge.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'll listen to an authority on the matter:

Fred Gailey:
All my life I've wondered something, and now's my chance to find out. I'm going to find the answer to a question that's puzzled the world for centuries. Does Santa Claus sleep with his whiskers outside or in?

Kris Kringle:
Always sleep with them out. Cold air makes them grow.

Miracle.jpg

I think it has to do with moisture perhaps. Your skin is probably more "plump" from the humidity and perspiration that the hairs don't protrude as much. Also the moisture on the top of the skin lubricates your face more so you don't notice stubble as much when you run your hand across your face.

I get worse shaves in the summer than the winter. The humidity and sweating seems to be an issue for me, especially around my neck where my shirt collar is. It definitely gets sweaty and irritates my skin, which makes shaving more of a challenge.
hmm this makes sense, I live on southwest kansas and is not humid, but gets very hot and my job requieres me to be outdoors about 50% of the time which makes me sweat like a pig, which in turn makes me drink water all day long making my skin puffed, who knows, like I said, it does not affect my shaves, just sort of odd

Top Bottom