What's new

Beard Growing Contest: not sure I like this!

SO, I haven't missed a single day of shaving in over a year and now it's time to partake in a beard growing contest here on base in Greenwood to help raise funds for charity.

I'm so used to shaving 7 days a week, with a straight razor, regardless of how tired I am, how sick I am or how lazy I feel; it has become part of my morning routine and now that it's changing... I feel kind of weird.

If anyone is interested I'll be posting pictures of my growth here and tracking my beard progress. I'll also put up pictures of all my favourite straight razors and let you all decide which one I'll use to take off a full months growth with a single blade. I'll do the same with my soaps :)

Just for laughs I thought I would share that my wife thinks I look Arabic when my beard is in... I'm half German and half English so...

Wish me luck!

How much can we contribute to convince you to refrain from posting pics? lol

Very nice Brooksie. Good luck. I bet that first shave will feel great.

I've grown a beard a few times over the last few years. You can still shave daily for clean up and definition. Helps a little with the urge.

Good luck!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Good luck!! It can itch! Also, watch out when you start to do some clean up. If you go too far it can look funky and you can't shave it all off to start over.

Maybe you can do one of those same pose picture a day things. Then make it into a beard growing movie!

Maybe you can do one of those same pose picture a day things. Then make it into a beard growing movie!

I'll do it with my webcam every day so you can see :)

This is after 24hrs no shaving.
$Picture 106.jpg

Last edited:
Hey you can still use the straight for your neck and cheek bone area to upkeep the beard. Thats what I plan on using my straight for. I have grown to like my beard, and have grown to hate cartridge razors.

If I had a mug like that I would never shave!:001_tt2: Good lord man put a bag over that thing! :laugh:

just kidding! Your doing a good thing and good luck with the charity!!!

If I had a mug like that I would never shave!:001_tt2: Good lord man put a bag over that thing! :laugh:

just kidding! Your doing a good thing and good luck with the charity!!!

If I send measurements with eye and breathing locations will you make me a custom bag?

Last edited:
I quit 5 years ago Feb 6. It was MUCH easier than I though although it was not the first time. But the last time I was DONE! Kept an almost full pack right on my desk as Im never more than a few minutes from a store. Good luck with that.

Top Bottom