What's new

Beard dye problem

Instead of using Just For Men, I decided to use Wella demi-permanent hair color on my salt-and-pepper mustache, which is my natural medium brown with some grey. The hair color is also medium brown. It didn't come with a developer, so I had to buy one myself, L-Oreal Volume 20 (6% hydrogen perox). The "Wella Activating Lotion" that went with it was too expensive. By the time I learned the lotion was actually Vol 10 (or 3% hydrogen peroxide), and that Just for Men used the same percentage, it was too late as I already bought the other one and used it. The Well hair color, which is actually for your head, said to mix one parts of that with two parts developer and leave on for 20 minutes. So I left it on for 15 minutes and it came out black...can't get it out with any method I've tried.

So my question is, did this happen because (a) facial hair develops much faster than head hair (b) I used a stronger developer (c) I didn't put enough developer in the mix, which was hard to approximate as the Wella was thick and the creme developer was runny.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Im no help. Haven't a clue. But im curious. What are you going to do? Can you wear it? Pics?

Top Bottom