What's new

Beard care for dry skin

Hey everyone, I’ve posted for advice about dry skin care but as I have a beard and suffer from dry skin underneath, are there any beard balms/oils/etc and routines that you’d suggest to help combat the under-beard dry skin? Cheers

I would try posting this on a different message board. Some folks might have some suggestions here, but this board is primarily about shaving (i.e., the opposite of having a beard)

Some of us have beards here. My suggestion would be to use beard oil and beard balm. Beard oil will hydrate the skin and beard balm will lock the moisture into the hairs, so that they dont draw as much oil out of your skin.

I use a good soap, like Neutrogena, to exfoliate the skin in the area of the beard, then if the beard is too dry, I use a good beard oil. Shampooing the beard is something that ought to happen regularly. While I have used a few different beard oils, Pre de Provence No. 63 is pretty great, as are the beard oils from Stirling Soap. The Stirling oil is thicker, so depending on your preferences, both are good choices in my opinion.

Hey everyone, I’ve posted for advice about dry skin care but as I have a beard and suffer from dry skin underneath, are there any beard balms/oils/etc and routines that you’d suggest to help combat the under-beard dry skin? Cheers

It could be dermatitis, especially if you've never had dry skin before.

Top Bottom