What's new

Beard balms and oils

I have a short goatee and I would like to grow it out, but it always gets itchy and rough. Do you guys recommend any balms or oils for that? Not looking for styling yet, just conditioning and I am on a tight budget. Thanks!

I just bought some cremo conditioner 10 bucks at Walmart. My goatee has gotten long and I just started products. Wish I would have started earlier. I did get beard shampoo at art of shaving. But it's close to 20 with tax. I'm sure others will have advice.

I just bought some cremo conditioner 10 bucks at Walmart. My goatee has gotten long and I just started products. Wish I would have started earlier. I did get beard shampoo at art of shaving. But it's close to 20 with tax. I'm sure others will have advice.
Which Cremo conditioner did you get? I've seen them but wasn't sure what the difference is.

I like Cremo Beard oil for on a budget, and it's probably available locally at Walmart, drug, and or grocery store for under $10. Never tried any of their conditioners.

If you are contus and don't mind used, I can send you a half bottle of Poraso Beard balm. It's more of a lotion than a balm it's it's actually made for itch during the first few weeks. I received it as a PIF. It doesn't work for me, I keep a longer beard always at least a couple inches, but it may work well for you.

Wow! That is very generous of you, but I would rather not have used and $10 for the cremo stuff will probably work just fine for me if it works well. Thanks for the suggestions.

I think you will like the Cremo it preforms just as well as any other beard oil I've tried. I have the forest blend scent. It has a woody spruce/pine scent with some rosemary in there too. Nice and not too over powering.

I'm going to have to get some of the Cremo stuff. Unfortunately I had to shave my beard off last night because I tried to dye the blonde patch under my lip and... It didn't look too great. Now I can get a fresh start with this product though.

after a couple cheap beard oils I found I have tried Phoenix, ordered through Italian Barber. i like it. Mild scent, and very very clear.

I use Crown Shaving Co. beard balm. It does as it claims; softens the beard and takes the itch out. It smells nice too.

I just started using oils myself. Stirling has their pre-shave oils, which they claim are great for beards as well. PAA also started offering beard oils in any of their MANY scents. Both are priced very well.

Top Bottom