What's new

Beard advice after 5 weeks

Hi guys, I need some advice on my beard.
This is the stage I'm at after 5 weeks. I did my neckline and I think it's fine. My cheeks are kinda weak and that's where I need some advice. Cheek har seems to grow quite slow. It is mostly like half the length of the front and jaw line beard. I would like to keep the beard at the length that my front and jawline are at (did not trim at all yet). How should I proceed?

Attachments

• IMG_20200610_220926.jpg
    IMG_20200610_220926.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200610_221000.jpg
    IMG_20200610_221000.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20200610_221025.jpg
    IMG_20200610_221025.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 46

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Do you have a beard brush? The only thing you can do is let that hair lengthen and blend.

Or shave your cheeks and go for well defined beard lines. Your beard looks nice and strong around the jaw as does the mustache. You have what it takes to do sharp clean lines if you want. Define the upper beard borders, see how you like the look. You can always grow it back.

Messing with your beard lines is one of the joys of shaving. My cheek beard never did get particularly strong, so when I went to a shorter beard my cheeks went, and have stayed, clean shaven.

The general rule for beard growing is usually to see where you're at after 3 months.

I suggest and see how it looks at that point. It could fill up enough to where you want it.

I've seen some beard guys on youtube that had similar growth patterns and after patiently waiting it out, their beard grew.

I actually had very light patches that you could still see hair on, but it just hadn't caught up to the rest of the beard. Once they did, the light patches were gone.

Growing a beard takes patience.

Attachments

• 20200512_194049.jpg
    20200512_194049.jpg
    859.3 KB · Views: 35
The general rule for beard growing is usually to see where you're at after 3 months.

I suggest and see how it looks at that point. It could fill up enough to where you want it.

I've seen some beard guys on youtube that had similar growth patterns and after patiently waiting it out, their beard grew.

I actually had very light patches that you could still see hair on, but it just hadn't caught up to the rest of the beard. Once they did, the light patches were gone.

Growing a beard takes patience.

Solid look! :thumbup1:

I gave my cheeks about 15 years and they never filled that well. I eventually got married, got too corporate, and went a lot less mountain man. But never fully clean shaven. Keeping a beard takes persistence.

I think that will fill in well enough with a couple more months. It's certainly strong enough in the right places to make a good beard in several different styles.

Usually it's recommended 13 weeks. You're not even halfway where, but looking good. The secret to that full beard you're looking for is a combination of time and patience.

You have a few options. You can wait a few more weeks and see how things look then, though from the pics your beard is just more sparse in the cheek area, so I don't expect it to grow thicker, rather the hair you do have in the cheek area may just be longer. Long sparse hair just makes it look sparser and untidy.

Or you can start a clean line with a razor about where the hair begins to thin, if that is a style that you think would suit you.

The other option is to get a clipper set and put a #4 guard on and trim your whole beard to one length and the let it grow for another few weeks before you make big decisions. An evenly trimmed beard always looks neater even if some areas are not as full. I suggest the final option.

Top Bottom