What's new

BBS with Artist Club :)

So my Christmas prezzie for 2018 was a Feather Artist Club SS which I have been using once or twice a week when I have time and DE shaving the remainder.

From the very first go I knew this was better then my previous attempt at using an (admittedly very budget) shavette but knew it would take me a little while to get top notch results.

I've had a few up's and downs over the weeks but today was the day when that delightful moment of achieving the first full BBS shave with it came. Neck, chin, top lip - all smooth as. Even tried the old cotton wool test to confirm, thinking it would fail tbh, but not a wisp of white left in any direction.

Granted it took my about 50% longer than a comparable DE shave but nevertheless I am well chuffed! :D

From the very first go I knew this was better then my previous attempt at using an (admittedly very budget) shavette but knew it would take me a little while to get top notch results.

Yeah... I have been looking at the AC SS. I also had poor experience using a very budget shavette but want to give this one a try. Thanks for posting your experience ... gives me more incentive to give it a try myself.

I did try going whole hog with a "real" straight edge, but I lack the patience/time for the ritual of keeping those in good shape. Cool factor though; they win hands down.

I am very tempted with the idea of getting a straight and trying that out some day but, like you, the thought of the constant maintenance tempers my enthusiasm

The AC, though, is in a completely different league to the inexpensive shavette I tried before. Definitely recommend you give it a go

Congratulations! The SS is a great openblade razor! I use mine very often for the first two passes, smooth as butter. The blades last a good bit too which is nice.

I had the same experience with cheap shavette vs feather ac shavette.

Like night and day. The feather is a transcendental experience compared to the cheapie. It also makes me not desire a straight.

Top Bottom