What's new

BBQ'ing less, stove grilling more...

For reverse, you mean you get them to internal temp on the oven first then sear before serving?
Yes, put it in the oven with the needle in on low temp for 2+ hours (based on weight) and when it reaches your desired doneness switch to the pan. For this one I started the pan without oil on medium temperature and put in the Tomahawk upright (2 forks will keep it balanced). Once the outside was done, it had released enough fat to brown the rest. Parts close to the bone are always a bit tricky so a flat griddle works better than my plain pan.
A4EC3F81-85A9-4CDF-99A9-BE480CD643A8.jpeg

less risk to overdo it

I like to eat the same day though!

:cool:

However, I absolutely used to overcook steaks. That stopped once I started resting them. I take them off when the temp hits ~132F and let them sit for 5 minutes. They usually end up ~137-140F where I like them -

proxy.php

I also only eat them tagliata style, sliced up before serving. When the Italians nail a cooking method, they nail it to the wall!

proxy.php

(web pic)

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I’ll do both inside and outside. But I love the flavor of a lump charcoal on my burger. Plus I get to sit outside and maybe drink a beer and yell at the neighbors so that’s a extra plus.

@novitiate I like sous vide or oven heating to come up to desired core temperature. In the context of sous vide, perhaps to prepare to store for later service. And just prior to presentation add seer by air fry, quartz infrared, broiler, or cast-iron skillet on a Control Freak. The Control Freak is an induction platform, with temperature controls you'd expect to find in a scientific laboratory. If you've got a busy kitchen, having iron preheating in the spare oven is nice too. (On topic, I have yet to pull out my Char-broil - these last nine years... lost interest after everyone in my household was gone.) (( On the other hand, I only have to consider the needs and desires of one, not five!)) *Looking to, planning to, change that last*

I like to eat the same day though!

:cool:

However, I absolutely used to overcook steaks. That stopped once I started resting them. I take them off when the temp hits ~132F and let them sit for 5 minutes. They usually end up ~137-140F where I like them -

proxy.php

I also only eat them tagliata style, sliced up before serving. When the Italians nail a cooking method, they nail it to the wall!

proxy.php

(web pic)
Nice looking steak there!

Top Bottom