What's new

BBNY Double Straight Razor - devette

I found this at a reasonable price on Etsy...
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

It looks and feels well made. Balance in the hand is very good.

After a good prep and lather I went at it. The razor is VERY LOUD... Loudest I've found so far. As you can see in the photos, lots of blade exposure. Face feel is unusual. It feels a bit rough like it is tugging at the hair, but not quite. Surprisingly to me, it was fairly fussy on the angle. Right around 15 degrees seems right, just a little bit one way or the other, I heard the razor but it wouldn't cut much. I was surprised that a very steep angle cut very little! But at 15 degrees it gave a very close shave that lasted as long as the best of my razors. And no irritation.

Cheers!

Cool! I got to spend a week with one of these and enjoyed the experience for the most part. I didn't care for the included monster handle, and my normal razor stand would not work as it hangs by the head. I wished the head was a bit heavier, but got surprisingly good shaves from it, other than some skipping ATG on my neck, which I'm sure was all angle related.
That BBX was PIFed multiple times and not sure where it ended up.
Nice acquisition!

Thanks Jim - yes, it is well made and looks good. The slim head on the long this handle is somehow appealing!

Top Bottom