What's new

BBC America's Orphan Black

Has anyone watched this show yet? It is very good. If you get BBC America, I would highly suggest taking a look. Here is season one's trailer (the show is in season two now):

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a great Canadian show! :thumbup1: We don't get a lot of play in other countries and the last big ones were basically Corner Gas, Little Mosque on the Prairie, and Trailer Park Boys.

It's a great Canadian show! :thumbup1: We don't get a lot of play in other countries and the last big ones were basically Corner Gas, Little Mosque on the Prairie, and Trailer Park Boys.

That has a huge cult following here in the US.

That has a huge cult following here in the US.

I guess one thing that really separates Orphan Black from the other internationally popular Canadian shows is that it's a drama and not a Comedy. Most of our big hits tend to be Comedies for some reason.

Great show and Tatiana Maslany is absolutely incredible. One of the most amazing acting performances TV or no. My wife and I caught on toward the end of the first season, so we got to go back and binge watch. In fact its one of the few shows that we will watch together, although she saves it for when she's running on the treadmill because its so engrossing.

I've seen season one through Prime. Very good show. I really didn't know what to expect but the clone thing is pretty neat. Waiting for season 2 to come to Prime.

Cheers, Todd

I've seen season one through Prime. Very good show. I really didn't know what to expect but the clone thing is pretty neat. Waiting for season 2 to come to Prime.

I've only watched the first three episodes this season but I'm very happy to see that it's still a quality show. I was a little nervous about a potential "Homeland" situation where the show is a home run leading off and then fizzles out. But they really seem to know what works. Plus they keep finding ways to put Felix and Allison together and that's my favorite pairing of all the characters. Just reliably goofy stuff.

I just finished the first season, and while I enjoyed it very much, I worry about the sustainability of the show. It reminds me of Lost: great theme, but not really one that can be stretched out.

Top Bottom