What's new

Bay Rum?

I took a flyer on some Master Bay Rum today.
I applied some as soon as I got in the car. Even though I had shaved about 4 hours earlier, it still had some initial sting. I can only imagine what itll feel like after a shave. My first take it pretty good. It smells of cloves & seems to say round for a bit. I just have to find out Ill like it in the long term. What is the feeling bout Master Bay Rum?

Knotty

I like it substantially more than Clubmans Virgin Island Bay Rum (too much clove). I like it better than Lustray (too mild a scent). At times it can feel a little sticky but scent wise it is the best in that class of AS when it comes to the Bay Rums in my opinion.

Good, straight forward bay rum. Nice amount of glycerin and pretty healing considering the price.

Clove notes are very low compared to VIBR and others.

I applied BR after shaving for the first time today.
My impression
Its ok. Its not as stingy as most. It does feel good on the face. The scent doesnt last as long as I had hoped. Ill try it some more to see if I like it any better.

Latest Update
As I has said, I find Master Bay Rum ok, neither good nor bad. Its certainly something I would pick for a daily splash. The Lass does like the scent after its on my body. I was thinking I could add some sandelwood oil to improve it. Yesterday I was in a store that sells crystals, card etc. when it hit me that they might sandalwood. They didnt have any, but they did have incense. I bought two sticks of sandalwood & two must, which I added to the Master when I got home. I checked the scent after 12 hours. I can say that I do do like the scent now!

Latest Update
As I has said, I find Master Bay Rum ok, neither good nor bad. Its certainly something I would pick for a daily splash. The Lass does like the scent after its on my body. I was thinking I could add some sandelwood oil to improve it. Yesterday I was in a store that sells crystals, card etc. when it hit me that they might sandalwood. They didnt have any, but they did have incense. I bought two sticks of sandalwood & two must, which I added to the Master when I got home. I checked the scent after 12 hours. I can say that I do do like the scent now!
Ogallala has a Bay Rum and Sandalwood soap and aftershave. They are known for their powerful Bay Rum fragrance, but you're right, the Sandalwood tones it down. I have the soap and love it.

Top Bottom