What's new

Bay Rum Scent?

Who cares about a definition--no rudeness intended or implied. All I know is that it smells good. Sometimes, I like to put a few drops in my lather.

Old Spice and bay rum pretty much run off of different spices.
I can't really peg what OS is, but bay rum is like a subtle mix of bay leaves, cloves, and rum. It's crude to say, but some people swear it smells like (US) Thanksgiving dinner

I don't know if its crude to say. It definitely imparts a vibe. Whenever I put it on the thought of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" comes to mind.

My favorite is Derby City Chop Shop, although it's not your traditional bay rum. It uses bourbon as a base, and is focused on vanilla rather than cloves. Amazing stuff, although the cost of entry is high. The cost per ounce is not bad, however, as it comes in a beautiful bourbon bottle-shaped 8oz jug. For the traditional bay rums, I go with Co9T or PAA Bay Rum (which has no cloves).

+1 on the Captain's Choice Co9T. I personally use the Captain's regular Bay Rum AS, in fact his cream and ASB. If you prefer a soap, the Captain's Bay Rum soap is a real performer. I used it before the cream came out. Another good Bay Rum AS, but pricey, is St John's Bay Bay Rum.
But for price point and quality, go with the Captain's Bay Rum. Will not disappoint.
For something on the sweeter side (cherry/almond), try the Captain's 45th Parallel products. Great for Spring/Summer.
A number of us here at B&B did a lot of testing and feedback in the development of the final product (the AS).
The 45th AS will knock your socks off. It's that good. Pair it with the 45th cream & ASB. Real harmony.
Mikey

Ive tried most options on bay rum and I must say that Dominica Bay Rum is the best. This splash does something magical on your skin and the scent is authentic bayrum with no customizations. B&M is coming out with his new formula version soon. His scent is dead on with Dominica and is my soap of choice. Doesn't dry you out like Captains does.

What's interesting to me about bay rum is that it is truly one of those YMMV scents. I've read many people talk about how they love their Bay rum in the summer and how it reminds them of vacation and hot temps. For me, it's more of a fall/winter/ cold weather scent due to its spiciness and feelings of warmth that it invokes. One of my favorite scent profiles for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's interesting to me about bay rum is that it is truly one of those YMMV scents. I've read many people talk about how they love their Bay rum in the summer and how it reminds them of vacation and hot temps. For me, it's more of a fall/winter/ cold weather scent due to its spiciness and feelings of warmth that it invokes. One of my favorite scent profiles for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 for Fall/Winter.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
When I was little mom used St John's Bay Rum to rub on my hair. That all stopped when dad came home from the war.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom