What's new

Bay Rum in spring/summer

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I have Stirling's Bay Rum and really enjoy using it. It's too note is orange and maybe to much orange or off balance for the consumate bay rum lover. I was just wondering if this could be considered a spring and summer scent. Although I know you can use any scent you wa t to year around I'm just looking for opinions.

I just received my sample of their Bay Rum today and will try it soon. Off the dry puck, I can certainly see myself using this any season. We'll see if that thought changes after lathering.
I know the prevailing "wisdom" sticks Bay Rum in the winter category but I think that should vary from maker to maker. There are some very strong, or clovey, or spicy versions of BR out there. Mikes BR, which i loved, seems to tend toward my idea of spicy/strong and I personally used almost exclusively in cooler seasons;
this Stirling and also Mystic BR seem a bit "sweeter" and approachable out front and I believe I would use year round.
Will circle back if that opinion changes after some wet uses.
But you are right - use what you like, when you like - is the winning ticket.

I didn't tried String's Bay Rum yet, but my favorite BR soap are First Canadian (Bay Rum & Lime actually). It's absolutely amazing scent I would use any season, i.e. it suits any season imo.

I find Bay Rum to be a scent I enjoy year round, I'm using Mike's BR now. It really comes down to a personal choice, use it in whatever season it smells good to you.

Stirling's Bay Rum soap and Barberry Coast Bay Rum aftershave! I also have Captain's Choice Co9T Y TOBS version of bay rum. The Stirling bay rum soap certainly has a strong scent in my opinion!

I LOVE bay rum scented stuff, but I'm afraid if I use it year round it might lose some charm...
Here in Virginia, were close to spring, so I'll be putting away the fall/winter stuff in the next couple of weeks...
But use what YOU like !!!

Just ordered Sudsy Soapery citrus and bay. They have 22% off so I like bay rum. Can't wait for the first really hot Arizona day.

I am unopposed to using any of my soaps regardless of season. Although I still haven't figured out B & M Dickens. Some people only use things like Peppermint in the Winter. I find it refreshing mid summer as well.

I am unopposed to using any of my soaps regardless of season. Although I still haven't figured out B & M Dickens. Some people only use things like Peppermint in the Winter. I find it refreshing mid summer as well.
The only thing I find seasonal for myself really are menthol. Wouldn't use it during the winter. It's already cold enough here to add more. :001_302:

I don't really get the whole certain soaps for certain seasons. I have 3 bay rums (Mikes, Captains Choice, B&M) amd enjoy them year round.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I'm a seasonal kind of guy - woodsy, spicy scents in the fall/winter and citrusy, fresher scents in the spring/summer. So for me, the bay rums go in the closet until fall. Not that its not a great scent, because it is. Lime bay rum is a great compromise for the transitional times like March and September.

I haven't been using my citrus scents this winter. I don't really have a good reason since my home is air conditioned and my wife likes it going even when I think the temperature is pleasant and our windows should be open. That said, I'll be bringing out the TOBS Grapefruit and the Stirling Orange Chill along with all the others very soon!

Any scent anytime is my mantra . Sort of. I lean toward the woodsy spicy in colder weather and citrus menthol in warmer weather but that's not a rule. Florals are always in season. I also wear white after Labor Day. :001_smile

I never got the whole weather/soap deal. It doesn't matter what time of year it is, I still use my Stirling Bay Rum, Margarita's In The Arctic, Frozen Tundra, and every other Stirling soap I use and rotate them through every month in the year!! They are just too good not to use all the time...

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I admit I make a batch of Bootlegger's Bay Rum every fall equinox. If it lasts into spring, all's good though.

Winter - brown/warm AS.

Summer - blue/green/chilly AS.

Veg - trash day.

AA

I like Stirling Bay Rum for a warm weather scent.

My favorite winter time Bay Rum scents are Mystic Waters and Cat of 9 Tails aftershave.

Top Bottom