What's new

Bay rum I guess the clove scent is not for me

I love their bath soaps. I typically use the limes and peppercorns during the summer and their straight bay rum the rest of the year.

I do wish their shave soaps performed better, because they smell incredible.
I agree. It was one of my first soaps, but soon after trying the likes of Cella, La Toja, TOBS, etc, I realized how inferior it is. I was actually thinking about going back to it with my next shave and loading the crap out of it to see if I can get a respectable lasting lather.

I agree. It was one of my first soaps, but soon after trying the likes of Cella, La Toja, TOBS, etc, I realized how inferior it is. I was actually thinking about going back to it with my next shave and loading the crap out of it to see if I can get a respectable lasting lather.
Let me know how it goes. I don't use mine much these days because I have so many I like better (performance-wise).

I'm trying to use up the last of my Stirling samples, Noir and Bay Rum. This morning I mashed them together in one tub so I could clean the other. Noir I like, but the scent of bay rum is not appealing to me. The mix smells fine, though, and works beautifully.

I really enjoy Stirling bay rum soap and Pinaud’s VIBR aftershave. It’s a great scent on a cool morning.

Murphy & McNeil's Bad Mohr is a very light take on bay rum, without the overpowering cloves, and performance is exceptional for the soap and AS.

Top Bottom