What's new

Bay Rum cream, not soap?

I had posed this same question previously, but no one knew of any. Looks like we'll just have to go with the soap for now.

ah, yes, yes, yes! Olivia's bay rum cream! A delicious scent, what a great lather, and what skincare. It's one of my favorites! Anyone who has sensitive skin will love this cream. It's so soothing, not to mention how great it smells.

Jeff

Hi Joe,

the creams lather very well, easy for everybody, also for newbies, as Jeff wrote, the skincare is absolute outstanding, great and the skin feeling is really smooth.

For the soaps the skincare is equally, but you have to take a little more time to built a bulky lather, for me it's secondarily how bulky the lather is, for me it's the fantastic skincare...

OLIVIA makes also a very good unscented A/S balm with very good skin care.

In my rotation I use, at the moment, Ambra shave cream, Eichenmoos(oakmoss), Bambus(bamboo) and Wassermann shave soap.

IMO a good lather is not dependent from glycerine, the ingredients of her soaps are all natural...

Hope that helps.

Thomas

Thanks for the info Thomas. The products do sound good, and I always like when the ingredients are fully disclosed. I try not to use too many products with parabens, prop. glycol, etc. The olivia looks to be all natural as far as I can see.

Joe, you really have to try this fantastic soap or cream, you will be not disappointed.:wink: :wink:

If you have any questions ask Antje (OLIVIA), she's a very pleasant person and extremely helpful...:001_smile :001_smile

Thomas

Joe, this Antje is indeed a lovely woman, and a true professional and expert at making shaving creams and soaps. I have a very tough, hard beard, and on top of that, I have very fragile, sensitive skin. Her creams and soaps make my skin feel so good, even while I'm lathering up with them. I have her Bay Rum cream, her "Churchill" cream and soap, which both smell great, and a "Zeder" (Cedar) soap, and also some of her Eichenmoos cream. These products are something which I can't be without now. I never saw anything which could repair and just about regenerate and redo my skin like these. I admit the soaps require a technique to creating a proper lather, but it can definitely be done by playing with the soap/water ratio a little. The creams require a little less water than most others, and do they ever give lather! In my honest opinion, if I owned the company she has, I'd charge a hell of a lot more than she does because that's how good I think they are. Check out the reviews I wrote on these soaps and creams.

Jeff

crackstar said:
Joe, this Antje is indeed a lovely woman, and a true professional and expert at making shaving creams and soaps. I have a very tough, hard beard, and on top of that, I have very fragile, sensitive skin. Her creams and soaps make my skin feel so good, even while I'm lathering up with them. I have her Bay Rum cream, her "Churchill" cream and soap, which both smell great, and a "Zeder" (Cedar) soap, and also some of her Eichenmoos cream. These products are something which I can't be without now. I never saw anything which could repair and just about regenerate and redo my skin like these. I admit the soaps require a technique to creating a proper lather, but it can definitely be done by playing with the soap/water ratio a little. The creams require a little less water than most others, and do they ever give lather! In my honest opinion, if I owned the company she has, I'd charge a hell of a lot more than she does because that's how good I think they are. Check out the reviews I wrote on these soaps and creams.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to comment, as well as Tom. They sure do look like very high quality products, and foremost, I like the fact that the ingredients are posted. The scents are also sounding great. Most of the soaps are even Vegan. I typically enjoy soaps more than creams, but Antje's creams look great too. I most likely will be making a purchase, are we aware of any issues getting her goodies to the states? There is an information page that I tried translating (took german in high school) and I did see that shipping should be around $10USD (which sounds reasonable)

I also saw your reviews, and found them helpful. Any pictures of lathers you worked up?

Take Care.

Hello Guys!
Sorry I left you alone for such a long time, but my computer went bellyup.
Here I am with a new one :001_rolle
As far as glycerine, well I do not label it explicitely, but its a natural by product of saponification. We cannot tell how much of this is actually in the soap but its there.
The best way to tell whether a soap contains sufficiently glycerine is if you rinse off a bar after use and set it aside, then it will become sort of shiny.
Other than that there are no methods to tell.

As far as parabens, preservatives and humectants... I do not use any of that stuff.

Have a nice day,
Olivia

Olivia said:
Hello Guys!
As far as glycerine, well I do not label it explicitely, but its a natural by product of saponification. We cannot tell how much of this is actually in the soap but its there.
The best way to tell whether a soap contains sufficiently glycerine is if you rinse off a bar after use and set it aside, then it will become sort of shiny.

As far as parabens, preservatives and humectants... I do not use any of that stuff.

Have a nice day,
Olivia

Olivia

I have to order some of your soap soon- It looks so....delicious!:biggrin: :biggrin:

I don't want to sound like a promoter, or sales agent for anyone's products, but I can honestly say that I have gotten many compliments on how my skin looks, and how nice I smell whenever I shave with any of the soaps or creams made by Olivia, and I plan to continue with them.

Jeff

Olivia said:
Hello Guys!

Have a nice day,
Olivia

With all these nice things being said, I have just sent an email ordering a container of Bay Rum cream and a container of Oakmoss. I look forward to hearing from Olivia and then trying this cream. :biggrin:

Cliff

Cliff said:
With all these nice things being said, I have just sent an email ordering a container of Bay Rum cream and a container of Oakmoss. I look forward to hearing from Olivia and then trying this cream. :biggrin:

Cliff

Good show Cliff! They truly are fantastic. I sure do hope you enjoy them.

I just secured a nearly full tub of the bay rum cream. I love the scent, and from the glowing reviews here, expect a great shave with it tomorrow.

Drew

Colleen at The Gentlemen's Quarter has a Bay Rum with Orange cream that's supposed to be excellent, although I have yet to try it myself.

Top Bottom