What's new

Bay Rum & Barbershop

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum
Bootlegger's El Dorado

Ditto!

I did see Atomic Age Bay Rum recommendations in this thread. I back that also.

One other...you like Bay Rum and Old time barbershop scent? Colonel Conk Bay Rum fits both of those bills.

Ditto!

I did see Atomic Age Bay Rum recommendations in this thread. I back that also.

One other...you like Bay Rum and Old time barbershop scent? Colonel Conk Bay Rum fits both of those bills.
I have eleven bay rums, but not Atomic Age, might have to get me some. Colonel Conk is nice, rummy and smooth. Might have to get me another bottle. Long ago my previous bottle broke somehow while sitting on the counter in the bathroom. Found it in the sink bowl, all the lucious liquid down the drain. The missus and our felines all claimed innocence. One of the all time unsolved mysteries at my house.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have eleven bay rums, but not Atomic Age, might have to get me some. Colonel Conk is nice, rummy and smooth. Might have to get me another bottle. Long ago my previous bottle broke somehow while sitting on the counter in the bathroom. Found it in the sink bowl, all the lucious liquid down the drain. The missus and our felines all claimed innocence. One of the all time unsolved mysteries at my house.

We discovered the cats were ordering things for themselves on Amazon. Watch your credit cards.

CrownKing.BayRum.Jug.Bottle.480.11-12-18.JPG

Maybe they'll get you a bottle and a jug of Atomic Age.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Question has anyone tried the Atomic age star jelly?? Was thinking of getting this? How does it compare to the after shave?

JCarr

One of the first things I did when I bought Colonel Conk was get it out of that frosted glass bottle. It may look nice, but the spout is just a completely open top! When you pour it out...it comes out! I put it in a container with a proper spout so I wouldn't use half the bottle in one shot.

so is the Phoenix Artisan Accouterments Bay Rums really that good? my introduction to Bay Rum was the Clubman VIBR, how does the Phoenix Artisan Atomic Bay compare to the Clubman VIBR? and or what other Bay Rums does Phoenix Artisan offer that might be of interest.

JCarr

so is the Phoenix Artisan Accouterments Bay Rums really that good? my introduction to Bay Rum was the Clubman VIBR, how does the Phoenix Artisan Atomic Bay compare to the Clubman VIBR? and or what other Bay Rums does Phoenix Artisan offer that might be of interest.

Obviously just my opinion, but yeah, they're really good. Pinaud VIBR has its place, but it's not in the same class as the Phoenix products. Again, just me, but I rate Phoenix very high on my list of favorites. Atomic Age is excellent stuff. Even has longevity!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Read the long write up on the PAA website, about Atomic Age Bay Rum. Obviously, it's a great sales pitch, but the product is excellent. Maybe the write up explains why. I don't know really.

I have several other bay rums and like all of them including VIBR, but my favorite by far is Atomic Age Bay Rum.

I don't know if you'd like AABR, but I like it a huge amount.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Stirling barbershop is much more vanilla. Wsp is a good one. Bay rum? Give captains choice a try

WSP barbershop and RazoRock XXX/Stirling Piacenza (both knock offs of Acqua di Parma). The Parma knock offs smell like the barbershop my dad took me to when I was a kid.

B&M bay rum is my favorite. I haven't tried Captains Choice, but here a ton of good things about it.

so for the Phoenix Artisan line of Bay Rum, they do a few of them, they have a classico, a pineapple, a coconut, then the boom town and then the atmoic age.

If I was looking for something similar but better then the clubman VIBR, would that then be the Classico? judging by the write up on it from his website, it sounds like that might be in my wheel house.

JCarr

so for the Phoenix Artisan line of Bay Rum, they do a few of them, they have a classico, a pineapple, a coconut, then the boom town and then the atmoic age.

If I was looking for something similar but better then the clubman VIBR, would that then be the Classico? judging by the write up on it from his website, it sounds like that might be in my wheel house.

I can only comment on Boomtown and Atomic Age because those are the only two I have. I read in some other B&B thread that Atomic Age is a bit stronger and longer lasting than Classico. If that helps any. Boomtown has a heavy cherry-ish leather scent up front. I don't think any Phoenix Bay Rum will even remotely resemble Pinaud VIBR. That having been said I like both Boomtown and Atomic Age.

Now I'll be completely honest with you...if you're looking for something that has VIBR-like qualities but has longevity...I would look up the recipe for Bootlegger's Bay Rum on this website.

I'll say no more.

thanks for the help, I'm not looking to make my own aftershave, half of the fun is the hunt for the next purchase, looks like Phoenix Artisan will be my next buy

Top Bottom