What's new

Bay Rum = Acne fighting shave cream?

A friend recently returned a tub of QED Bay Rum shaving soap that I had passed on to him after giving up on my ability to generate a good lather from it. When the next slot in my rotation opened up, I took stock and decided to seek professional help with my lathering technique from the good folks on this forum. Having found Scotto's excellent Glycerin Soap Tutorial I decided to give that old tub of Bay rum a try (it smells too good to leave sitting around). The tutorial worked beautifully and, incidentially, I now consider this soap to be among the best in my collection.
Anyway, having completed the tutorial and having shaved earlier that morning, I was left with gobs and gobs of glorious lather and nothing to do with it. My 13 year old son happened to wander by the bathroom and gave me that "he's playing with shaving stuff again" eye-roll so I 'volunteered' him for a little father & son shave training. I let him practice a pass with no blades in the DE and we went on our merry way.

The next morning, my son's facial belmishes had dramatically improved. His entire face which was mostly covered in low grade blemishes was now healed to the point that the blemishes were almost not visible.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Are the EO's in Bay Rum known as a folk cure for acne? What gives?

-Drew

probably not a coincidence. I know my face, (though not as it was during my teenage years) has basically been blemish free since I started using high quality shave soaps in my wet shave routine for the past year.

Disclaimer: I am not a Doctor, nor have I a clue as to the ingredients in the product used.

That being said it may just be something simple.....he washed his face ;)

Of course if he did your complete shave routine sans blade he did more than just wash his face. First if he wet his face with Hot water he opened up the pores on his face. Second he scrubbed his face using a brush with soap meant for the face, not a body soap. The brush helps exfoliate as well as possibly clean better than his usual method. The soap probably treated his skin in a better way than what he normaly uses. If he finished with a balm or aftershave that may have helped as well.........

Top Bottom