What's new

Baxter Shampoo & Conditioner

My last order from Men Essentials had the Baxter shampoo and conditioner, shown here. I put a tub of Taylors next to them so you can compare the sizes.

Anyway, I have been using this stuff for about a week, and I have seen a noticeable improvement in my hair. After using some Redken products for the past couple of years, I went looking for something a bit more masculine. I made a brief journey with some Avalon Organics products, and they really ripped the shreds out of my hair. Then I started using the Baxters - really great stuff.

The shampoo takes very little product to get up a good thick lather. The smell is nice - it has some cinnamon and peppermint oil. Leaves your hair very clean without residue. The conditioner is even better. It has a strong peppermint aroma, and leaves your scalp with a light tingling/cooling sensation that is quite refreshing. My hair now feels very soft, and I haven't seen any sign of flaking or dry scalp, which is a common problem for me. Very nice indeed. Given these products run under $15 each, it is a really good deal for money. Buy them with confidence.

By the way, why do they make the shampoo and conditioner different sizes? Is it the hotdog/bun scam? :wink:

Scotto, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I have been using Baxter products for about 1.5 years. It is one of my favorite shampoos/conditioners. My bottles tend to last quite a bit because they are in rotation with California North and Min of New York products.

Have you tried the body wash? Great stuff also.

Austin said:
Scotto, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I have been using Baxter products for about 1.5 years. It is one of my favorite shampoos/conditioners. My bottles tend to last quite a bit because they are in rotation with California North and Min of New York products.

Have you tried the body wash? Great stuff also.

I ordered the body wash also, but haven't tried it yet. Waiting for my South of France soap I am currently using to reduce in size a bit. My wife gets antsy when too many products are open in the shower at once. :sad:

The bergamot pear body wash is fantastic. I'm waiting for ME to get the new Lime-Pomegranate in stock to give that a try as well.

Thanks for the review on the shampoo/conditioner. After my Redken for Men (pretty good, but not fantastic enough for me to avoid trying something new) runs out, I'll give them a whirl.

Nice review Scott!
I ordered their sample pack last week. Does the shampoo smell similar to the aftershave? If not, what other product of theirs can I use as a point of reference?

Rik said:
Nice review Scott!
I ordered their sample pack last week. Does the shampoo smell similar to the aftershave? If not, what other product of theirs can I use as a point of reference?

Hmmm. The conditioner is closer in scent to the ASB, though it is not as intense and doesn't have the citrusy thing going on. I just smells like a nice peppermint. The shampoo is harder to describe, but has a mild, spicy character with notes of tea tree and mint. It is a nice, mild smell.

They are excellent products. I find that the conditioner lasts way longer than the shampoo. I use conditioner less though. Maybe the conditioner is more expensive to produce....just a thought.

I picked these up over a week ago (same size bottles) and I have really enjoyed them...the cooling sensation with the conditioner is great and your right, it takes very little shampoo to create a lather.

Top Bottom