What's new

Baxter of California Shave Brush

Just received this in the mail today. This is my first step towards a good shave. I also ordered a Merkur Vision which should arrive shortly.
http://www.baxterofcalifornia.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=18
proxy.php

Has anyone used or heard of these brushes before? Are any of there other products any good?

I will be using this and Proraso Green in the morning with a [cough]Mach 3 Turbo Nitro...[/cough], atleast until the Vision comes.

Howdy enlightenment, (and welcome to b&b!)

I know nothing about the Baxter brush, but I can say, on the plus side, using the mach 3 at least means you'll be able to focus your attention on producing rich, lubricating lather. If you had to deal with the learning curve involved with the Vision as well, and ended up having problems, then you might have trouble pinpointing the issue.

-Nick

Tell us how the brush performs and take it nice and slow with the Vision. Remember, no pressure. The weight of the razor is enough.

That sure is a nice looking brush. Not the traditional look of a brush, but full of color and a grip too!!

enlightenment said:
Are any of there other products any good?

The Baxter product line of skin and hair care is excellant and the price is competitive. I use their face wash, skin toner, shave balm and shampoos.

I like the look of the Baxter brush. Very modern. I use Baxters shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and facial cleanser. Great stuff. I don't like the scrub, however.

Any idea of the knot size of the Baxters brush? It is hard to tell how big it is from the pictures.

RR, I also use th scrub. For me, it's about perfect. Some gents don't like the size of the walnut shells. They find them too abrasive.

I think the Baxters scrub has almond pieces; at least, it smells strongly of almonds. As mentioned, the particles are very large relative to other scrubs. That is what I don't care for. That being said, I haven't found a favorite scrub. I have been using Neutrogena razor defense scrub, which is decent but not memorable.

Scotto said:
I think the Baxters scrub has almond pieces; at least, it smells strongly of almonds. As mentioned, the particles are very large relative to other scrubs. That is what I don't care for. That being said, I haven't found a favorite scrub. I have been using Neutrogena razor defense scrub, which is decent but not memorable.

I think the large particles is one reason some people don't like it. Have you tried the St. Ives apricot scrub? I heard its around $3 at Target. I have to pick it up next time I'm at Target.

Top Bottom